General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

How often will I street race?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 11:09 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: How often will I street race?

Ok thanks[8D]Ill start with getting a CompCams cam and get that in first.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:59 AM
4th Gear Member

Yeah. Well honestly ive been lookin at getting a cheap camaro project myself. Maybe a nice 3rd gen 305 or 350 i dont care. Im joining the Army anyway.. Just want something to do when i come back...

Old 01-05-2009, 01:11 AM
2nd Gear member

Sounds awsome, Good luck with the army thing[8D]

Old 01-05-2009, 01:31 AM
4th Gear Member

thanks, im goin infantry and hopefully airborne rangers... I used to be in really good shape... but ive been lazy lately so ive got some work to do... lol

Old 01-05-2009, 03:22 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Think about it for a long time spartan. If you want to come into the army thats all fine and good but i would hold off with the hole ranger thing until you find out what the army is really like. I know a lot of people that come in and try to go all out with the hole selection thing. Most of them end up deciding they hate it or end up not getting selected the first time and then you go to where the army needs you. Im telling you now its all fine and and good if you want to do it to serve your country. But dont do it for the wrong reasons or you will be hatting yourself very soon as so many do.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:48 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

Think about it for a long time spartan. If you want to come into the army thats all fine and good but i would hold off with the hole ranger thing until you find out what the army is really like. I know a lot of people that come in and try to go all out with the hole selection thing. Most of them end up deciding they hate it or end up not getting selected the first time and then you go to where the army needs you. Im telling you now its all fine and and good if you want to do it to serve your country. But dont do it for the wrong reasons or you will be hatting yourself very soon as so many do.
You get a one block and success all the way down.... well said.

Spart, you know there are a few (Cbr, myself) who will tell you straight about the Army, recuters are fine but they might uhhh, bend,, the story.

OP, you can get 325 out of a little 305, cheap heads and a hundred dollar cam will NOT do it though. Alih mentioned sicksicksick, do a search here for him and see what happens. Get the december edition of camaroperformers mag, it has a build up exactly what you are doing. it is more than cam and heads.

Cbr, you still down in carolina? I am in the 10th, I got a good intake and carb that would go good with that 350 of yours.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:25 AM
2nd Gear member

Ok thanks Cptlthomas

Old 01-05-2009, 10:32 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

thanks, im goin infantry and hopefully airborne rangers... I used to be in really good shape... but ive been lazy lately so ive got some work to do... lol
yeah im planning on joining the marines once i graduate from college. maybe wont be the smartest thing ill ever do, but im determined to do it

Old 01-05-2009, 10:33 AM
2nd Gear member

Hey, thanks cptl, I read up on sick like you mentioned, And he seemed to know alot about alot, and more so, alot about 305's and making them fast lol. Where did he go? I would love to talk to him about tips on my 305 build.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:29 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah, i realize its probably not smart to jump right into the rangers. But i do plan on going inf and then going thruairborne/air assault schools, if i so choose after that to do the rangers ill probably at least try.

Quick Reply: How often will I street race?