General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

97 ss vs 350z

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Ninja Administrator

Originally Posted by microkid
my question is why are you going to reduce the power of your car with a flowmaster chambered muffler vs. the wide open slp?
^^this

also, balt... I think ur getting pwnt. the 350 was always more than a match for an lt1 from what i remember. stout little cars. too bad the interior has the personality of a chalk board.....

Old 04-20-2011, 10:35 AM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Smasher
oh brother, you really are getting all worked up on this. I was sharing valid times poeple have posted and verified with time slips etc and you simply don't want to ack. If you dont want to believe the numbers thats up to you. When the Op runs the Z (hopefully at the trac k ) they have fun and may the best driver/car win. There is almost always a beter car and better driver. I'm sure if you run against othe Ugh Cobalts some will put down better and worse times than others fo the most part.

As far a single 350z turbos, yeah some are tuned mild and have the cheaper rear mount turbo so they are putitng down maybe 350+ wheel. OTHER single turbo Z's ( Not rear mount) have proven to break 10's. It's simply not that black and white. Do you want me to post the you tube vid of that sub 10 run for proof because you dont believe me? Search is your friend.

The way you talk it sounds like you are a teenager in little cavalier that thinks it's oh so fast but you say you are older in a hot hatch haha. Red does not make it fast you know. You know nothing about me and call me a noob haha.

Anyway enough bench racing lets get the vid and see how they do i like to see a good race.

PS I didnt realize Oakland Cali had cool weather haha Guess you haven't been North of the boarder.
Wow have I never seen such a false accusation. Haha, I have a question 'smasher', do you own a 350z?? If so, have you got beaten by a Cobalt SS, because it seems like they have claimed you once before and that is the same attitude that Z owners have when all they see is taillights of a 'cavalier'.

And Spec, I never said that it wasn't a match for a lt1. This idiot thinks it runs with LS1s. All those pretty multicolor times that were 'verified' mean nothing to me. And I have proof because I race these 'fast' 350z at the track and beat them constantly.... No matter what year, they still are a 14 second car. And they do have great handling but drag race is not their strength.

Last edited by SloBalt; 04-20-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Ninja Administrator

I honestly think it is somewhere between the lt1 and ls1.... but that depends on who u talk to as well.. some guys on another forum I ended up leaving are convinced that LT1s are 14flat cars and ls1s are 13.8 cars and that is the end of the story. and they get really mad when I bring up the outright buttrape ive handed some LT1's when stock

Old 04-20-2011, 11:52 AM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

Like I said, I rape 350z at the track, so I expect an LT1 to do the same as well....

Old 04-20-2011, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by SprSSBalt
I have a question 'smasher', do you own a 350z??

As a matter of fact i do I stumbled accross this forum when looking for SC or TT Camaros to see what is avail etc..for my next toy.

My Z will take your cavalier any day. To bad you are so far away so i could put you in your place.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 PM
2nd Gear member

Honestly 350z stock vs. stock lt-1, the z might have it but an ls-1 would walk you, as long as it isnt beat to death and the guy can drive at least as well as you. My friend at school has a 350z with intake and exhaust mods and its a six speed. I also know of a guy a little older that had an ls-1 camaro six speed and the guy with the 350z admits that the bone stock ls-1 would beat his car. He said this after riding in both cars. But back to the point auto z vs stock 6 speed lt-1 will most likely be a drivers race. And if your Z is so great why are you interested in a Camaro? Im not hating on the z's, I have plenty of respect for any car that is fast. And Yes a cobalt can be fast....You should look at the motortrend article i put a link to on one of my previous posts on this thread.

Last edited by greenmachine96; 04-20-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I have driven a 350z manual before, although they are quick I would say that an ls-1 beats one pretty badly and an lt-1 would have a good chance at beating one.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:09 AM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Smasher
As a matter of fact i do I stumbled accross this forum when looking for SC or TT Camaros to see what is avail etc..for my next toy.

My Z will take your cavalier any day. To bad you are so far away so i could put you in your place.
Sure

Im sure you will. Gud luck but I don't think your Z will win against my Cobalt. This is how it goes broski: CSS/SC=LT1, LT1>350z, SS/SC>350z. And LS1> all of us. But I can not say that the 350z is a horrible car because I was going for one before my Balt but it was a better deal at the end for the potato rocket

Last edited by SloBalt; 04-21-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by SprSSBalt
Sure

Im sure you will. Gud luck but I don't think your Z will win against my Cobalt. This is how it goes broski: CSS/SC=LT1, LT1>350z, SS/SC>350z. And LS1> all of us. But I can not say that the 350z is a horrible car because I was going for one before my Balt but it was a better deal at the end for the potato rocket

You didn't ask if I had any pwr adders I am sure the Cobalt would be fast with some upgrades as well.

I have always liked the Camaro. I was so close to getting one when I was 19 and had a list of mods I wanted when my Dad talked me out of it and convinced me to buy a 310 Datsun because it was the practical thing to do while going to College. Through the Datun/Nissan line and my interest and love grew for the Z. So now im looking again at the new Camaros. If they were out 5 years ago when I bought the Z I think I would have got the Camaro but it would have been a hard choice.

OP It will be a close race. If the Z has any upgrades like tune etc.. he may have a slight advantage. Driver can make a huge difference though.

YouTube - Smasher's 350z Dyno Day

Last edited by Smasher; 04-23-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:15 AM
Ninja Administrator

what power adder? its pretty early here and I dont have good sound at work.. didn't see a turbo. Saw what could have been a nitrous bump early in the curve... but it didnt look quite right

Quick Reply: 97 ss vs 350z