Bbq

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:50 PM
3rd Gear Member

Normally Id go batshi+ on a guy for posting this here, but 350 actually has something to contribute around here. Makes up for all the bull&hit post we read about paint jobs and k&N air filters.

I gotta tell ya, us Northerners know how to endure the cold, but you southern boys know how to BBQ............

Old 01-11-2010, 03:40 PM
March 2008 ROTM

i rarely say anything anymore. tired of answering the "v6 to v8" " ls1 in a third gen" type questions that can be solved with a search.

But i also explained myself at the beggining, i know where it goes.. but i wont go there.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:49 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

here is the garage section.

https://camaroforums.com/forum/garage-71/

Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 PM
March 2008 ROTM

yea i checked it out after you mentioned it. Do you think it would serve better purpose there? Its obviously a bit more on track there, but what do you think?

Old 01-14-2010, 07:02 AM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 350rs
oh its more than possible. Just takes a bit longer to heat up and cook. which is good IMO.

But yea if you can send me that reciepe to the lemon and that BBQ one again that would be saweet. What all is in squids deal?
ok well life is crazy right now so I will post them here for everyone.

This is great on salmon or chicken.
Lemon Kick Rub
4 T. lemon pepper
2 T. + 1 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
1 T. + 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
mix it up and use however. We save the rest in an empty spice jar.

Bbq Spice Rub
1 T. paprika
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp coriander
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp dry mustard
3/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp dried thyme
3/4 tsp curry powder
3/4 tsp cayenne powder
Same thing mix and use however. Save the rest in a jar.

A BBQ sauce that is killer.
1 64 oz bottle of ketchup. Doesnt matter what kind and save the bottle
2 cups light brown sugar
2 T. paprika
2 T. chili powder
2 T. seasoned salt(Lawry's)
1 T. garlic salt
1 T. lemon pepper
1 cup honey
1/2 cup black raspberry or blackberry jam

Mix all ingrediants into a pot and slowly bring to a boil. Turn to med heat and let simmer for a while. About 1/2 hour. Stir occasionally. When cool pour into empty bottle of ketchup. Yes there is more sauce than bottle so hurry up and grill some ribs to use the extra.....lolol

Old 01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 350rs
i rarely say anything anymore. tired of answering the "v6 to v8" " ls1 in a third gen" type questions that can be solved with a search.

But i also explained myself at the beggining, i know where it goes.. but i wont go there.
How about "what muffler will make my car sound cooler" or "what spoiler should I put on my car".......

Anyways, thats one hell of a recipe. Way to much work for me. I love to grill, but if it takes longer to cook than it takes me to consume a 6 pack, Im not doing it.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I actually looked at this post because I wanted to know what other meanings "Bbq" had besides the cooking meaning! So far I'm enjoying it, even if it is on a 3rd Gen thread!
I personally cook fish in aluminum foil for around 10 min. with all the seasonings on it. Then I open the foil and using some "Liquid Smoke" diluted with olive oil (1 part smoke to 5 parts oil) I spray the fish lightly. Then some BBQ sauce brushed on to your own taste. It's killer!
Salmon is the best fish on the BBQ, but things like halibut, sturgeon, and ling cod are great too!

Old 01-15-2010, 02:30 PM
March 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
I actually looked at this post because I wanted to know what other meanings "Bbq" had besides the cooking meaning! So far I'm enjoying it, even if it is on a 3rd Gen thread!
I personally cook fish in aluminum foil for around 10 min. with all the seasonings on it. Then I open the foil and using some "Liquid Smoke" diluted with olive oil (1 part smoke to 5 parts oil) I spray the fish lightly. Then some BBQ sauce brushed on to your own taste. It's killer!
Salmon is the best fish on the BBQ, but things like halibut, sturgeon, and ling cod are great too!
what kind of spices did you use on the fish?

Old 01-15-2010, 11:01 PM
March 2008 ROTM

givin ribs a first try tomorrow.. wish me luck! haha

Old 01-15-2010, 11:17 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
I personally cook fish in aluminum foil for around 10 min. with all the seasonings on it. Then I open the foil and using some "LIQUID SMOKE" diluted with olive oil (1 part smoke to 5 parts oil) I spray the fish lightly. Then some BBQ sauce brushed on to your own taste. It's killer!
Man, I dont know what is in liquid smoke, but I figure its 1/2 crack and 1/2 zombie juice. That stuff will make a skunks *** taste good. I wonder If i can mix it in my gas tank like octane booster.......?????