Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Never Going to a Car Wash Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:34 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Never Going to a Car Wash Again

It worked for me. I went to a shop with an 87 Mustang and had them put doors on, trunk, hood, and tune it for me and they gave me a quote of 600$ and I said Ok. They tried to charge me 1600$ for it instead! I said the three magical words....."Better business bureau,"and all of a sudden, I paid 600 sum bucks for it. These business's talk tough but quite honestly, how many people report the violation once they get the threat? Like saying,"I'm going to call my lawyer!" Most people are like,"..Right....." Fact of the matter is, Most business's can't afford violations. Once they have one, they stick for like 10 years and a mom and pop joint can't afford bad recall. You should have done it, I'm serious. They would be forced to repay you what ever, get fined maybe....if nothing else, get inspected every so many months. I'm telling you, "Better Buisness Bureau," if on the consumers side. You'll win everytime. Remember, "The Customer's Alway's Right!"

Old 03-19-2007, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member

I wish I could wash my car by hand but both place I live, school and home are apartments, and I don't have access to outside water(actually I have a water key here at school since I work for groundsbut I don't think they would like me running up the water bill to wash my car). The only automatic car washes I'll use are the ones that only use water pressure, nothing but water should touch my car, but even after using those I notice my car isn't clean and they are more expensive than just washing it with a wand.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:07 PM
March 2008 ROTM

i work at one of car washes. Im not sure how all of them run, but with us. if we cause the damage, we pay in full, to repair it...

Old 03-24-2007, 03:49 AM

I guess its really important to choose where to bring our cars. This is to avoid problems. A year ago, my car had some scratches after the car wash. I was really annoyed. I look another place where to have my car washed.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:38 PM
January 2007 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Hawk

OMG !!!!!!! NEVER !!!! NEVER !!!!! NEVER !!!!!! Take your car through those automatic car washes !!!!!!!!!!!!! They do nothing but scratch your paint and remove the wax from your car !!

Regular car washes are bad as well ....... the high pressure from the hose is alot of power on your car and will strip the wax off of your car !!!!!!

I have never taken mine to a car wash nor will I ........... seriously I would not recommend taking your car through one ... auto or manual

I believe this bares repeating

Old 04-19-2007, 01:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

you might be able to glaze and buff out that scratch depending on how bad it is

nothin you can really do about the chips

Old 05-08-2007, 12:52 PM

yeah i went to a car wash once cus my landlord gave me **** for usingto much water but when i went the to car was the high pressure water sprayed in my car my t tops never leak in the rain though so decided to just give my land lord 5 bucks everytime i was my car lol its worth its i like the satisfaction of having it done right

Old 08-12-2007, 06:30 AM
January 2008 ROTM

I too worked at a auto car wash way back I do mean way way back when I was in high school.I would never take any of my vehicle's through these. ALL of them including the spray wash USE RECYCLED WATER.Believe me that water will reek havoic on you car.True this water is run through a filter system but like most carwash's the employee's have to clean these filter's Believe me when i tell you this dont happen very often.Besides they are not going to filter out ALL of the chemicals that end up in the water ie: salt ,grease ,road grime and so on.Best to break out the hose or spray bottle at home crack open a cold one and enjoy the day. The carwash is responsible for any damage caused by there establishment. I remember one instance while I was working there was a state trooper in his brand new cruiser that came in for a wash well the wrap around brushes which start in the middle of the front bumper and work around each side and end in the middle of the rear bumper you know what im talking about here. Well one of these malfunctioned and rolled right up the hood ( damaged)over the roof (damaged)and down the trunk (damaged).Man that red bubble on the roof exploded .To this day the look on that cop's face when he came into the office (as if we did it intentional) lmao True story

Old 08-12-2007, 08:51 AM
March 2008 ROTM

i know for a fact that the car wash i work at,, ( still...) uses water straight from the city. You could drink it if you wanted to, its the same stuff that goes into homes. But its still filtered twice, but then those nasty chemicals go all over the poor car. I know of one chemeical ( its called 699) that will burn your skin, eyes, mouth, and cause major damage if left on for to long. We had to clean the walls there once with something about half as acidic at that stuff, it splashed on my head ( had no hair at the time) and i didnt relize it. About 5 min later i had this extreme burning on the top of my head. I still have the scars under my hair.. Didnt sue ( as most of america would these days) but i wasnt happy.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:03 PM
January 2008 ROTM

we used to use muratic acid for cleaning the wallls and equipment

Quick Reply: Never Going to a Car Wash Again