Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Ice

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:52 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Ice

Yeah really, the "good enough" crowd just take their car to an automated carwash and then theyre done. Anyway, I've never ever used spray wax. Sad huh??? So as soon as I get my water pump fixed and my car is driveable I'll try the Ice spray.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:17 AM
March 2008 ROTM

i just noticed i said liquid wax. thats my fault, i ment to put liquid clay bar. Ive never tried the wax. But everything else still applies.

Before fall started up and used Meguires Clay Bar Kit and it made my paint a lot smoother and a bit nicer looking. The problem is my car sat for several years before i got it. so the paint, unfortunatly. is shot. But some spots are still good, so im expeirmenting with waxes and what not on this paint so i know what i like best when i have new paint on it. SO FAR, im in LOVE with Meguires Gold Class paste, NOT liquid. Even made my car look pretty good. I recently did our 01 silverado ( garage kept, still looks new) and it was a REALLY nice deep shine. Took a lot of time, but sooo worth it

Old 12-15-2007, 11:18 AM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: th3po1son

Yeah really, the "good enough" crowd just take their car to an automated carwash and then theyre done. Anyway, I've never ever used spray wax. Sad huh??? So as soon as I get my water pump fixed and my car is driveable I'll try the Ice spray.
my bad.....what I meant by the "good enough" crowd, was the people that buy the cheaper products just to save a few bucks. with the cheaper products you usually either have to work hareder than you would with a better quality product, or it goes on easy, but you don't get the depth of shine or the durability that you would out of a better product

also, if you want a deep shine to you car, a liquid wax will never give depth like a true carnuba paste will

Old 12-23-2007, 11:49 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Guys I think you need to understand that these spray on waxes and polishes are not meant to be your main wax. I've also put a couple really good coats of Meguires wax on my car.. but like I said earlier, I'm not gonna wax my car every weekend.. But I will spray on and wipe off these polish/waxes everytime I wash my car... they bring out the shine really well while your original carnuba wax protects your paint. I never meant that your supposed to use a spray on wax as a "wax".. your supposed to use it for in between waxes. I've also found that the Meguires "wax as you dry" works really well too... spray it on while your car is still wet and dry it off.. its good stuff.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:26 PM

Ice spray detailer is is good for a clay bar lubricant as well. I use it regularly on my Blazer with good results.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:49 PM

meguires has a new quik detailer out it comes in a black bottle (forget the exact name) but runs about $10. verry impressive for a spray and wipe. especially after a decnt wax job. haven't tried any of the ice products yet.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

I saw on the Ice car wash soap bottle that it doesn't leave water spots. Is this true? So I could wash my car with Ice and drive around to dry it off without any water spots?

Old 02-24-2008, 09:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Has anyone here ever tried the other products in this line?
Yes I use the ice synthetic paste polish and love it cleans the headlights and taillights really good as well without residue.. i think this product is well worth it

Old 02-25-2008, 06:32 PM
March 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: The Banks

I saw on the Ice car wash soap bottle that it doesn't leave water spots. Is this true? So I could wash my car with Ice and drive around to dry it off without any water spots?
negative. water spots come from impurities in the water as well as the dirt that WILL settle on the car as its drying. ALWAYS dry your car if you do not want water spots

Old 03-03-2008, 09:31 PM

I bought the ICE liquid wax I believe. It came with a soft cloth and a soft sponge to rub the wax on. It worked real nice but I've only used it once on the camaro. I usually really get into the detailing by buffing out my car with rubbing compound....but that is once every few months at the most. The car never sees rain so it stays in nice shape. That Ice worked great on my Truck though. Easy to wipe off also.