Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Starting Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Exclamation Starting Trouble

Hello EveryOne i have a 94 camaro v6 3.4L i just recently got it a few days ago and it will not start i dont know why i've checked a lot of things like the sparkplugs and all that ... if anyone had any ideas on what it can be let me know please.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

are you getting fuel is the pump priming when you first turn the key in the middle of the upper intake there is a plastic cap next to the FPR take the cap off there should be a valve stem looking thing push in on valve and see if fuel comes out

Old 12-31-2010, 05:12 PM

ok and if it is getting fuel that way then thats not the problem and what could it be if theres no fuel going to it

Old 12-31-2010, 05:15 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

if theres no fuel there next you need to check the pump there is a purple wire on the pass side of the car near the strut tower its the pump test wire supply 12 volts if the pump turns on theres a problem in the lines (usually the filter) if it doesnt come on the pump will need to be replaced

Old 01-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Question

The Fuel Pump Turns on Could It Be A Bad Pump Or Something Cause i Checked All The Lines And They All Get Fuel But The One That Connects To The Fuel Filter... ive looked Online And It Looks Like A Bad Pump That It Will Turn On But Not Pump Or Something Like That

Old 01-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

could be a clogged filter before you go sinking money into her just guessing get the fuel pressure tested you can rent the gauge from autozone its like 100$ but you get that all back when you return it

Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 PM

you think its a clogged filter do you think it could be a line because the only line im not getting fuel or very minimal fuel out of is the rubber one that goes from the pump to the filter its some rubber/plastic hose that clips in and i dont know if it is putting enough pressure through that line to the filter and then after the filter i dont know if its clogged either and in the tank should the rubber hose be on the smaller fitting on the left or the longer one that connects to the pump then out the one to the filter or is that the return?

Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

do you have access to an air compressor if so take off the filter and disconnect the lines that go to the rail and slowly pump air thru the lines at the filter (drop the compressor to 50 psi just over operating pressure you dont want to blow a line if that seems to not work boost it up a little but not to much also have some hold a clear jar on the lines that go to the rail so you can see if it is clogged) it sounds like you have the pump out too you can do the same with the lines there this will clear out the lines pretty good as for the rubber lines take some pics and point out exactly what your talking about using MS paint (red circles and arrows) that way i know exactly what your talking about

also pull the filter and shake into clear glass jar and report whats inside

im trying to avoid the pump because its like 150$ and a filter would only cost like 10$

Old 01-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
do you have access to an air compressor if so take off the filter and disconnect the lines that go to the rail and slowly pump air thru the lines at the filter (drop the compressor to 50 psi just over operating pressure you dont want to blow a line if that seems to not work boost it up a little but not to much also have some hold a clear jar on the lines that go to the rail so you can see if it is clogged) it sounds like you have the pump out too you can do the same with the lines there this will clear out the lines pretty good as for the rubber lines take some pics and point out exactly what your talking about using MS paint (red circles and arrows) that way i know exactly what your talking about

also pull the filter and shake into clear glass jar and report whats inside

im trying to avoid the pump because its like 150$ and a filter would only cost like 10$
Do yOu think it could be the fuel regulator thats not pushing enough psi

Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

if you say you getting low press at the filter than no the reg is on the rail

Quick Reply: Starting Trouble