Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

best tuner for a ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 08:11 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by KissMyTush
Yeah, when I was on my way back from Austin I did 200 miles in 2 hours. I was cruising at an average of 85MPH. I only used 6.5 gallons of gas too! That's 30 MPG! it was the third day I had it b/c I got in Austin but I live in Texarkana TX. I love my Camaro!
I hear you there!!! I feel the same towards my SS. I have yet to take mine on a road trip since ive had it. But iam really hoping to go to san antonio in august to midnite madness at sa raceway. BUT idk gotta see how the wife is doing being she'll be right about 8 months pregnant. So idk might have to wait longer. The ride from corpus to sa aint bad but still 2 hours is 2 hours. Lol. Im sure i can do it in way less but i need a radar detector!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by SS_2000
I hear you there!!! I feel the same towards my SS. I have yet to take mine on a road trip since ive had it. But iam really hoping to go to san antonio in august to midnite madness at sa raceway. BUT idk gotta see how the wife is doing being she'll be right about 8 months pregnant. So idk might have to wait longer. The ride from corpus to sa aint bad but still 2 hours is 2 hours. Lol. Im sure i can do it in way less but i need a radar detector!
Lol! Heard that! I have a Cobra 14 band. It's awesome! San Antonio is awesome! I had a blast last time I went. I bought my dirt bike in San Antonio Lol! We went everywhere, it was alot of fun!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:13 PM
2nd Gear member

Oh and congrats!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by KissMyTush
Oh and congrats!
Thanks bro!!!! Hopefully we can make it to the track i really wanna cut my SS loose and see what i can get outta her!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:33 PM
2nd Gear member

I know right! I want to run Tiffany(my Z28) and she what she will put down! I need to get some better tires first though. Mine are pretty much gone and they aren't that good to begin with. But I really want to she what she will do!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I know the feeling dude!! My falken's still have plenty of life left on em, so they'll work, i will not even try out sticky tires for fear of blowing my rear end. Im confident it'll do ok with the few mods i have people get nice times for street tires all the time just gotta nail the take off just right then stay hammered down!! Lol. How far are you from Sa???

Old 06-21-2010, 07:54 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

HP Tuners with and a few good spins on the dyno. END OF STORY.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:48 PM
2nd Gear member

I know the feeling dude!! My falken's still have plenty of life left on em, so they'll work, i will not even try out sticky tires for fear of blowing my rear end. Im confident it'll do ok with the few mods i have people get nice times for street tires all the time just gotta nail the take off just right then stay hammered down!! Lol. How far are you from Sa???
Yeah, my Z still has the tires that were on it when I got it. So Yokohamas of some sort. They're pretty much gone. All mine has is SLP mass air flow sensor, and slp Loud Mouth I. And yeah, I'm not even attempt to run on stickys. Seen that catastrofy to many times lol. I live in Texarkana(I'm guessing your talking about San Antonio) it's a few hours. 4-5. Depending on traffic and who is driving Lol!

Old 06-22-2010, 04:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Dang thats a pretty good ride. Yeah im way on the other side of texas. South texas. Lol. Have you ever been to a track??

Last edited by SS_2000; 06-22-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: wasnt done typing.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:24 AM
2nd Gear member

Dang thats a pretty good ride. Yeah im way on the other side of texas. South texas. Lol. Have you ever been to a track??
Oh yeah, many times. I've been to and driven down many tracks many times. I just haven't had the chance to take my Z28 down the track yet. Lol!

Quick Reply: best tuner for a ls1