Camaro Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

New Format

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:27 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

now you see, i had not seen that... that should be a name change right? nice catch craby

Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Well, it's not just the General section. Other than the "Projects", none of the subcategories; Drivetrain (I6, V6, V8, Transmission), Interior, or Wheels are listed as generation specific in the new posts area. Neither are LT1 and LS series, but those are a bit obvious where they are kept.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

they werent before. thats why i was always getting into the wrong places. im gona wait a couple days and see if this is it. sorry but im an old dog and dont learn new tricks. lol, not without pain anyways.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by craby
they werent before. thats why i was always getting into the wrong places. im gona wait a couple days and see if this is it. sorry but im an old dog and dont learn new tricks. lol, not without pain anyways.
"Lookin for threads, in all the wrong places"? Were you at least leaving yourself a trail of bread crumbs?
Yer not that old, but I can't speak for your ability to turn tricks one way or another!

Old 02-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

Since Craby made such a good point and refrained from calling me a "f*cktard"..I went ahead and made those changes you asked for.

Seriously guys, if theres a problem..just ask. Nicely. I'm not a hard head. I'm not a ball buster. I take everything into consideration and I've had a TON of requests for these changes, hence we make them to make the masses happy and maybe bring in some new people. Theres absolutely zero need for the name calling and busting of my ***** because quite frankly Ive came to terms that I cannot please everyone all the time. You get better results from me with a polite private message.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Overdrive Member

So is there a new section that is uncensored. Maybe only if approved by mods you can enter. Or is there one already?

Old 02-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

I was told by the site owners it was not allowed. Internet Brands and my direct superiors said absolutely not. Sorry.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by BudBrown
Ok Guys, As 69 has pointed out you guys saw something different and raised hell. Its not done yet calm down. im sure, that when it is done it will work well. Please be patient and realize that we all have stuff outside of the forums going on. NJ cant spend 24 hours at a time on this just like the rest of us. This is going to be good.

the "General" threads that were not Gen specific are being moved to the appropriate Generation section and the things that dont fall under a Camaro category will be moved to an appropriate location asap. I dont know about the GENERAL TECH from each section cause in some places i see that they still exist they are just being moved. Please calm down and dont make any comments like "ill be on another forum until this is reverted" thats like saying until your camaro is out of the shop youll be driving a mustang... its just dumb.
If everyone is busy and doesn't have time for the changes, then why not leave it the way it was and save yourself a lot more time? I just can't understand taking all this time to make changes if you don't have time, especially if the general concensus is it's not for the better.
I'm really not interested in spending even more time opening up numerous sub forums within each forum to see what's new. I'd much rather open one forum and see anything highlighted in bold print to know what's new, like it used to be.
I am probably ranting on deaf ears, so my time will be better spent doing something else.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

Any further questions send me a PM

Old 02-26-2012, 10:40 PM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
If everyone is busy and doesn't have time for the changes, then why not leave it the way it was and save yourself a lot more time? I just can't understand taking all this time to make changes if you don't have time, especially if the general concensus is it's not for the better.
I'm really not interested in spending even more time opening up numerous sub forums within each forum to see what's new. I'd much rather open one forum and see anything highlighted in bold print to know what's new, like it used to be.
I am probably ranting on deaf ears, so my time will be better spent doing something else.
Its not falling on deaf ears, but your not reading what the Mods are saying...
Originally Posted by nj85z28
if theres a problem..just ask... I take everything into consideration and I've had a TON of requests for these changes, hence we make them to make the masses happy and maybe bring in some new people.
These changes are wanted, we have had a lot of requests for this, it is bringing new activity in, and it CLEANS everything up. Your "highlighted" threads should be back because i have new posts highlighted in every section, my control panel, and the "new posts" link in our top bar.

Like NJ said, if you need something just PM, and ask nicely.

Quick Reply: New Format