Camaro Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

New Format

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:29 AM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Hey, chaotics car is the car for the 4th gen pic lol
I think the forum should be more organized like ls1tech, easy to browse.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Patience guys, let's not break out the pitchforks and torches just yet! Guess you can tell somebody (nj) was busy yesterday, giving us a tune-up. It may seem weird at first, but in the long run, the new format is going to be less cumbersome. For the tech section, instead of having to click on and get into the specific "Generation" section to get to the subsections, you can now see and get right into to the subsections. We're also moving the other stuff that's below in the general tech section (engine, transmission, wheels/tires, interior, etc.), into the proper generation section to which they pertain. That's going to be an ongoing project because there's a lot of "stuff" in there. The change is all in the interest of keeping things together, having less clutter (less spread out repetitive subject areas), and in general to make the site more simplified and easier to navigate. As far as the general tech threads, I'm still waiting to hear from nj about where they are, right now they're in limbo. Patience, patience, patience.

Last edited by Camaro 69; 02-23-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Droid

Patience is not one of my virtues, that is why I like fast cars. I guess that now I will have to be satisfied with fast women.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I think the correct wording is “I hate wait” but it should be said with a fake Spanish accent to be correct.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:22 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

Ok Guys, As 69 has pointed out you guys saw something different and raised hell. Its not done yet calm down. im sure, that when it is done it will work well. Please be patient and realize that we all have stuff outside of the forums going on. NJ cant spend 24 hours at a time on this just like the rest of us. This is going to be good.

the "General" threads that were not Gen specific are being moved to the appropriate Generation section and the things that dont fall under a Camaro category will be moved to an appropriate location asap. I dont know about the GENERAL TECH from each section cause in some places i see that they still exist they are just being moved. Please calm down and dont make any comments like "ill be on another forum until this is reverted" thats like saying until your camaro is out of the shop youll be driving a mustang... its just dumb.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

The general generation sections everyone is looking for are back where they belong. they didnt really go anywhere i just moved them for a few hours while i was breaking something else down. relax everyone the site is exactly the same as it was before with the exception of the useless catchalls for interior and transmission which are being broken apart into the proper generations.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:28 PM
4th Gear Member

did you upgrade to a new version of v.bulletin or something?

Also, the site does seem to load faster.

can we get reps added? A little "thanks" pop up the next time you log on goes a long way to showing you appreciate the help someone gave to you. It's also nice to know that others appreciate it if you helped them

Forums only succeed with active members vs those who come, ask a question and leave.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

woh i missed the whole thing. lol.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:15 PM
4th Gear Member

Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ok now that its been pointed out i have looked things over. the way it was before i could click new posts and look through them responding to questions in the 4th gen and lt1 sections. as i look at it now all the sections that used to be identified by there respective generation are now called general. the problem i will have is they are all called general so i have no way of seeing which is 4th gen and which is 3rd or 2nd,,, they all say general. so i have to open them to see where they are from. i hope this will be changed, it will be harder to get quick responses to questions, as a mod it will also make it harder to identify quickly if posts are in the wrong section.

Quick Reply: New Format