Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

wat could it be?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default wat could it be?

Yes wat could it be.... somy stereo completely goes out when my car is off.... heres what i have, and alpine head unit, a 800 watt amp bridged to a 10in kicker cvr (cause my cuzin broke my box or else i would have 2 10's gettin 400 each)... it plays fine for a while, bass and all... but after a song or2the whole system just knocks out when it hits a low bass note... and then restarts and as soon as it hits another low.... out cold.... it doesn't happen when the car is on though....so what could it be.... i'm thinkin it's a bad wire probably groundingsomewhere, but a guy at work told me it could be my alternator thats not strong enough to recharge the battery... i'vechecked all the wires and all are good....so i'mleanin towards the alternatorsuggestion.... butnot sure....any ideas on what it could be? Thanx In Advance

Old 04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: wat could it be?

theres a couple of things that it could be. first of all if its just happening when ur cars not running then im guessing its as simple as the saftey feature on the car is shutting off power to all the electronics when the battery reahces a certain low point. however if it is doing this when the car is running it could be the alternator. in that case a 1 farad or higher capacitor would fix that problem. Worst case scenario is that the amp is bad. u might want to try running that cvr off a single channel instead of both.