Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Ultimate Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:03 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ultimate Sound System

Funny how much Stang people know about Audio systems...they remind me of Honda Civic owners...what do you guys know about neons?
That came off to me as to being knowledable about audio with Mustang owners is about as worthless as neon knowledge is to civic owners, if it wasn't delivered that way, cool, but thats how I took it.

The SC Cobras are supercharged, with 32v and DOHC, so I would expect them to be faster.
The non SC cobras werent supercharged and had smaller engines, so I would expect the camaro to be faster.
All (V8) Mustangs since 96-present have had the 4.6L 03-04 Cobra had S/C. The 99-01 Cobra's are definatly faster than the GT's but yes, the SS will undoubtly pull on a non s/c Cobra. The Cobra's however had the 32v as opposed to the GT's just having the 24v or 16v im not sure, leaning more towards 16 when I think about it. It's (SS) not going to annihilate it (99-01 Cobra) or anything, but "In racing it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or by a mile, winning is winning".-Right?

Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
1st Gear Member

My bad, CD7000.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
2nd Gear member

I honestly don't dislike anyone here.

I just really really really like trying to get a rise out of people.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:30 PM
2nd Gear member

so i've seen lmfao

Old 05-01-2007, 08:56 PM
May 2007 ROTM

My g()d can we stop this thread, and what does that white mustang have under the hood, is that a 6er or what, just tell usI am not going to rag on it if it is,I just want to know. ..............As for ultimate audio I got some for ya Sony Xplode there now you have something to pick on, I don't have it but it's good for a laugh.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Sony Xplods? Are You kidding me?!?!?

Look at them those things suck. The stupid hexagon shape is not efficient at all, they will never see their advertised 1300 watts power, if they do the will spontaniously combust. They are total junk, look at it this way the new Sony Xplod series car speakers sound so good they might take you by surprise.. now before you flame me. I used to work with a guy who did custom car stereo and lowriders as a big hobbie.. he's been doing it for almost a decade.. I asked him about which speakers he would prefer and this is the response I got from him and the other people he worked with in his shop.. 1. Only get 15 inch speakers if you have the space for some 8",10" or 12" speakers also.. 15 inch speakers move are but the recover so slow that their response sucks so you need a set of smaller speakers to make up for the lost response. 2. Most expensive doesn't always mean they sound the best. 3. Making sure that your speakers meet their air space requirments means EVERYTHING.. you can have $500 speaker but if the box is not made to spec then it will never sound they was it was meant to. He's also the one who told me to check out Sony's Xplod series.. I got a set of 6x9 three way speakers for around $100 and put them in the back dash of my Caddy and just hooked up to my CD Player sounded like 10 inch subs with semi decent tweeters. Ever since I've put Xplod in all my cars (with the exception of the Kenwood 4x10s and tweets cause Sony don't make them ) because (like Intel vs. AMD) the Xplods are the best bang for the buck. I've heard that their subwoofers will really surprise you but haven't had a chance to buy them yet. (Got a really good deal on a set of two JBL 12" GT1200 for $50 in a box and I plan on using them.)
I installed Car Stereo for 8 years. I was the head installer on a shop for 3+ years. all of the brands that you have mentioned are fine products. There are 2 things that should determine what speakers you buy (assuming the speakers are within your budget) 1. What do they sound like to YOUR ears? We each here things differently so I would suggest finding a very well recorded CD and listen for as long as you like. While I am not a huge fan of jazz, I find that jazz usually has a GREAT variety of sounds plus it is recorded well. 2. What do they sound like in YOUR car? While this may sound impossible, I would suggest trying to find a friend who has the same vehicle as you and see what he/she has installed. Listen to how it sounds in the vehicle (try to turn off everything BUT the speakers you want to listen too… ALSO, turn the treble and bass to flat). This will give you a much better idea of what you are looking for. One of the most important things to remember is “the speaker will sounds just as good as it is installed”… Meaning, if you really install a speaker well, then it will sound well. I have seen people spend $500 on a set of front speaker and they sounds like crap. I have also seen a $50.00 set of speakers sound GREAT! All due to the install. Think about how you want you vehicle to sound and then try to achieve it. Hope this helped and if you need, you can email me or PM me for any installation tips you need.M.B. Quart have the best sounding car audio speakers IMO. After doing much research for the past year and reading many, many reviews, both "official" and "unnofficial" (message boards), I decided to get a single 12" Infinity Perfect powered by a JBL 600.1 amplifier with 600w RMS going to it in a 1.75cu. ft., homemade ported box tuned to 32hz.. The Perfect is highly regarded as a SQ subwoofer but also capable of output. Putting it in a ported box will give it a bit more boost on the output end. It should be the rough equivalent of my Klipsch home sub. They sound real good too. Not as good as the pioneer's I just had (The highs were not as clear, probably due to the 3-way on the pioneer) But I actually prefer the cheaper ones. They are not pretty no fa

Old 05-01-2007, 09:42 PM
May 2007 ROTM

WOW, I got lucky and caught the(secret spot)out the corner of my eye, still havnt said what kind of stang that is all I really want to know what emblem is on the fender.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
4th Gear Member

no way in hell I'm reading all of that

btw, I have Sony Xplods and they do the job just fine

Old 05-01-2007, 09:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 05-01-2007, 11:49 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

computer system with GPS and 250 gigs of space, i actually still have a few things from my system that won me competitions in my grand prix, blewmy front window out half way, i forget the exact brain/component setup, i still have one of the old school directed 1000x4 amps, old school chrome M/A audio 4400 monoblock amp,2 ultra high excursion 18" 2,000 watt rms 18" audiobahns (before they made crap).... man... that system hit the lowest base i threw at.
I typically don't believe people who tell garbage stories, especially considering it involved Audiobahn. I also tend to believe that people who can not spell the simple word, bass, have no reason coming into an audio/visual tech room.

But I tell you what. I'll go along with this story.

What size box did you have?
What were the dimensions?
Sealed/Ported?
What size amps?
What type of car?
What size alt?
Any caps?
What was your box tuned at?
If it is ported, how were the subs firing? And where was the port? What size was the port?

Oh, don't bull if you're going to act like you have any idea what you are talking about.

I also would like to see a pic of your windshield have busted. It would make a good story, so I'm sure you took a picture of it...right?

I find it hard to believe that your Grand Prix, that had a specialized h.u. with GPS, and 250 gigs of memory on it, was in the same car that "set records."

Any pictures of what you won the competitions?
LMAO Hiss seriously man, clock out.... no one cares what you think,and no one will ever ask YOU for permission to post anything.

ill clear a couple things up

who said i had a specialized h.u. ?, its was a custom built car pc, you know like the ones that have windows operating system, and open files. with a alpine head unit.

the winshield wasnt "busted" the entire seal around the top half of the window blew out and the window was sticking out about 1/2 way down the groove

had the box built by noise&toys in detroit, white fiberglass jacket, custom bult for a 95 gtp, no port holes.

200 amp alternator 0 gauge wire
1optima redtop to 200A relay to yellow top optima. the speakers were jumped (you do know what that means right) +- +- and stable at 1 ohm on a 4400 watt MA audio monoblock amp.

and the audiobahn's like i said are the 18" ultra high excursion 2000 watts rms a piece, hate if you want Hiss, those speakers are badass, not quite "Record setters" as you implied, but i wouldnt sell them anyway.

cant believe i used to stick up for you when everyone was saying what a **** you were.

its all in fun i guess.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Sound System