Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Speaker Box Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Default Speaker Box Problems

Are there any companies out there that make a dual box to hold 2 15's for a 91 maro???

Old 04-08-2007, 11:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Speaker Box Problems

I doubt it maybe two 12s

Old 04-08-2007, 05:57 PM
2nd Gear member

First of all.

Why would you want two 15" subwoofers in a camaro.

The air space is limited, it would be hurting your sound more than helping.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I had a 91 Z28 but I don't remember how much space there was in the hatch. If it is about the same size as the 4th generation you could do 2 15's, probably have to have the box custom built though. I've got 2 15's in my 99. Yeah air space is limited but there are subs out there that work. My box is 1.5 cu ft which is perfect for the Memphis subs I have. I hit a 147 db at conteston my old stuff,a 300 watt mono amp and cheap $100Lightening Audio subs, now I'm running around 600 watts on theMemphis subs. My system sounds killer, if Hiss heard it he would know why you want 2 15's in a Camaro.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matt99camaro

I had a 91 Z28 but I don't remember how much space there was in the hatch. If it is about the same size as the 4th generation you could do 2 15's, probably have to have the box custom built though. I've got 2 15's in my 99. Yeah air space is limited but there are subs out there that work. My box is 1.5 cu ft which is perfect for the Memphis subs I have. I hit a 147 db at conteston my old stuff,a 300 watt mono amp and cheap $100Lightening Audio subs, now I'm running around 600 watts on theMemphis subs. My system sounds killer, if Hiss heard it he would know why you want 2 15's in a Camaro.
Get over there and listen to it Hisss.

Just about every company that makes pre-fabs for the camaro's are single 10" so they can fit in the bottom right corner.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:10 AM
2nd Gear member

Look, comrad.

I guarantee you that your 15" Memphis, are either HPo's or the bottom of the line Power Reference.

Those aren't subs to brag about.

I had two 15" Memphis Mojo's in my 4Runner.

There was just enough air space inside the 4runner to hold them to their potential.

I'm not sure who, or why, someone would tell you to do that.

But you, my friend, has wasted a lot of money, on car audio.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Your right, they are power reference subs, so what?They are probably hitting 148 or 149db full out(which I rarely run them at), which by my ears is pretty loud, I'm a musician and don't need long term hearing damage.I don't have to do the bragging anyway, everyone is impressed when they hear it.I remember the first time I went to a competition when I had my cheap lightening audiostuff, these two guys were looking at my stuff with this "what the hell is that" look. I turned it on and they were very suprised. Theytold me at first they thought it was crap but then when they heard it they thought it hit pretty hard.Yeah, I know allabout the mojos, the guy who helped meinstall my stuff had a truck with 12, 12 inchmojos in it. I placed 4th once in competiton, but I'm not looking for the most bass possible, what I've got now sub wiseis sometimes overkill. But I wasn't just talking about the low end, I'm talking highs, mids, and lows. I don't know why you say I wasted money, I spent probably $700-$800 total and I love it, and everyone else who hears it does to, soit dosen't really matter what someone on an internet forum who has never heard it thinks, ya know. It would be stupid to try and put two mojos in a Camaro, but I don't see why anyone would need two mojos in anything unless your big into competition. I just wanted to let him know it is possible to do dual 15's in a Camaro and I didn't post my stuff to brag, just to give him a reference of what is possible and what he might expect.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:55 PM
2nd Gear member

I was under the impression that you were bragging.

What are the specson your box?

Have you ever metered it?

I highly doubt you can go into the high 140's.

I also don't understand why some guy was running twelve 12" mojo's in a truck. Unless it was concreted, sandbagged, the works, in a huge bass tunnel.

It seems to me that it would be to excessive and would cause more harm to the spl than help.

That's the reason why I went with two 15"s instead of three.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes I've had it on a meter, I told you I've been to db drags before. Running my cheap lighetning audio stuff(i.e. a 300 watt mono amp)I hit a 147db, so I figure now with twice the power I'm probably running 148-149. Blame it onmany faultymeters or whatever, but that's what I hit consistently at different competions. I have the print out somewhere with my db on them, I could try and find them and scan them for you. Myself and the guys from my shop didn't think I would hit that high, but I did. My box is 1.5cu ft of airspace tuned to 48 Hz. I've thought about going down to a nice 2 10 or 12 setup but I like it so much now I don't really want to change anything. For everyday listening I've got my amp turneddown to half power and usually only run my sub out on a 1 or 2 out of 12, anymore and it's just too much to listen to for very long. But I like that I have theextra power there. I don't go to competitions anymore so I just want something that sounds good to me.

The guy had the 12 mojos in an S10. The rear panel and glassbehind the seat were cut out, he put a camper shell on it and the whole rear was a massive box. It was crazy

Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 PM
2nd Gear member

Was it outlaw metered?

Quick Reply: Speaker Box Problems