Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

My iPod setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Very nice install! I thought about putting an 8 track player in the 69 and mounting my IPOD front and center. What a contrast! Looks great man.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

scooch - you could put an 8 track player in and then get a hideaway unit and use an 8 track casset to hide your ipod in. Run the ipod cable tough the 8 track player and then plug into your ipod inside the 8 track. Would be a pretty good anti theft device. Hardly no one would steal an 8 track player.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 PM
2nd Gear member

Can you control the songs threw the ipod with your setup? Because auxiliary you can. Thats what i like about it. Ima go take some pics of my stereo setup, and you guys tell me if you think i should get 6x9's in the back alright, ill starta new thread.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Originally Posted by greenarrow
scooch - you could put an 8 track player in and then get a hideaway unit and use an 8 track casset to hide your ipod in. Run the ipod cable tough the 8 track player and then plug into your ipod inside the 8 track. Would be a pretty good anti theft device. Hardly no one would steal an 8 track player.
Man that would be awesome! Thanks for the idea. If it works out we'll patent it, mass produce them and get rich selling them! What do you think... 60/40 split?

Old 03-15-2009, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by c4maro
Can you control the songs threw the ipod with your setup? Because auxiliary you can. Thats what i like about it. Ima go take some pics of my stereo setup, and you guys tell me if you think i should get 6x9's in the back alright, ill starta new thread.
Yes, the iPod is still fully functional. Some systems lock out the iPod but mine doesn't.

greenarrow & Scooch the 8 track idea would be really cool to see!