Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

My front speakers quit

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 02:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default My front speakers quit

I just added 2 12s and an amp and now my front speakers wont work. So I pulled out the deck and checked the connections and sure enough one of the wires had some loose soooo I fixed it and checked all the other connections and everything is good yet my front speakers still wont work. My back ones are fine and the radio works great so what the heck is wrong??????? Please Help!!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: My front speakers quit

Thanks for the help guys! Its ok I got it figured out by myself. I didn't realize that my front speakers were set up like the back ones so I just went through and rewired the fronts. What a pain in the rear. It was worth it though my system sounds awesome. Best $300 I ever spent. Just goes to show camaros sound good no matter what you put in them.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:49 AM
2nd Gear member

Just goes to show camaros sound good no matter what you put in them.
Yeah I've heard that Camaros just have really good interior acoustics or whatever... All I have is a ****in tape player [:@] so the only option I have for listening to good music is playing my iPod though a tape adapter.

I'm really confused about what I should do though, cause if I put in an aftermarket stereo, I'll probably need to replace the speakers too... and since I dont know how to do that I'll have to have it installed professionally...

But if I get an OEM CD player, all I'll need to do is switch it out. And it'll be cheaper.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:18 PM
In the Staging Lanes

My alpine deck worked fine with the stock system. Its really not that hard to do it yourself it just takes time and a lot of screwesto rewire the all the speakers. I personally dont like to pay anyone to work on my car so it may take me twice as long but at least I then know how to do it next time. Nothings worse than having someone install your stereo and then when something goes wrong down the road you wont know how to troubleshoot it and will end up having to take it in again. As for having a tape deck there is nothing wrong with that since you do have the ipod. That is almost better than having a cd player. My deck wont let me hook up an ipod and the transmitters sound terrible in the city so I am screwed until I buy a new deck.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:55 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah I dont like paying ppl for stuff I can do myself either, but the thing is I dont know anything about wiring stereos and stuff! I mean I'm okay with electronics, so I guess I could just learn it. Are there wiring diagrams that would somehow show how to connect the stock bose system to an aftermarket receiver? Cause I'd be good if it went like that, just like alright connect this wire to that one or watever. That is true about having a tape player but it sounds pretty disgusting sometimes. I saw a Sony receiver that had iPod connectivity by USB for $130, so I think that'd probably be worth it

Old 11-19-2007, 02:00 AM
In the Staging Lanes

All the wires are color coded right? It should be really simple. I put an after market cd player in my moms camaro with no problems but I dont recall what the wiring looked liked. The only time I have run into problems is right now when I wanted to run all my speakers out of the deck rather than the stock system. All I had to do was run new wires.