Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Bose Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Bose Wiring

I have a '95 z that originally came with the bose cassette radio and 5 speakers. The guy who had the car before me removed the radio and replaced it with an aftermarket unit. Someone also removed all the speakers except the two front door speakers. Also, they also removed the two rear speakers located in the sails behind the front seats. Additionally, the subwoofer speaker has been removed from the enclosure but the enclosure itself is still in the car. I recently got the correct radio with cassette and wanted to reinstall it. I found the removal directions so all I have to do to install it is to simply reverse those directions. Another thing: The radio wiring harness is still in the radio hole in the dash but, I just bought another harness and intend to rewire it according to the stock wiring specs so I know it's correct. When looking up the wiring diagram for the harness I was able to find the correct harness locations for all the wires except the sub woofer. The diagram covers the front and rear speakers but not the subwoofer and how it wires into the radio harness. I intend to purchase and install the missing speakers but for now I wanted to get the thing completely wired. Does anyone know where the wires that send the signal to the subwoofer get wired into the radio harness? I could really use some help with this!!

Old 11-30-2009, 10:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default I forget to mention this

I forget to mention that the guy took out the aftermarket unit leaving no radio in the car when the car was repossessed. Thanks!

Old 11-30-2009, 11:39 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

the rear sub was a self amped unit and pluged in to the wireing in the left rear quarter. in my 93 book im seeing five speakers in the bose system. two in ffront and two in the passenger seat area and one base in the driver side rear quarter. the way im reading it the base amp runs the two rear speakers too.