93-02 Wheels, Tires and Exterior

Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Opinions?

So I have my 94 camaro. It is the dark pine green that doesnt make for an easy decision on what color to make accents. I currently have black stripes on it. just to match the current camaro accenting. But they obviously don't pop well at all. I dont want to do red or yellow, it wont match. I was thinking white or silver. I think silver might look good but not sure since I havent seen any stripes on this color camaro that I can find. I think white might look too tacky though.
Any opinions or pictures of different colored stripes on a dark green fourth gen?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

A darker Silver or Charcoal is gonna be about all you can go with and not get tacky imo. It may not "pop" as much as a bright color but it would still be better than Black. I have no problem with Black Stripes but they disappear on that Dark Green. Im not totally against White, Black Camaros with White stripes look pretty good so Id have to think they would be fine on Your Green. Are you planning on painting them on?

Old 03-06-2013, 07:00 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Scooch
A darker Silver or Charcoal is gonna be about all you can go with and not get tacky imo. It may not "pop" as much as a bright color but it would still be better than Black. I have no problem with Black Stripes but they disappear on that Dark Green. Im not totally against White, Black Camaros with White stripes look pretty good so Id have to think they would be fine on Your Green. Are you planning on painting them on?
A dark silver I think would be a good choice. It would probably still pop, but not look so tacky. The black does just kind of blur together with the green. I was thinking about the white and black, but they just fit together because of the high contrast. Im not sure it will work as well with green. Ive seen white on green on the older camaros and even on them it doesnt look quite right.
I am planning on painting them on. Vinyl and I dont get along. Its cheaper and easier to paint, plus I can make it look better. Not have that plastic glare to it, but an actual color absorbing shine.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I think you could go with silver and it would look great. Especially if you ever plan to get brighter finish silver wheels.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:06 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by TheArtfulLodger
I think you could go with silver and it would look great. Especially if you ever plan to get brighter finish silver wheels.
It looks like silver is the winner here. I have seriously looked for over an hour trying to find another green camaro with stripes. i found 1 with black ones besides mine.. apparently this isnt a popular color camaro. haha. well hopefully this will turn out well and I can change that.

Thank you all for the input!