93-02 Wheels, Tires and Exterior

hey guys, new but have a few questions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Default hey guys, new but have a few questions!

hello, I have a 1994 camaro that i have been working on for quite some time now. The last used completely messed it up, unfortunately, so im looking for some things that could come in handy.

Yesterday I backed my car in to a tahoe and it being fiberglass it just cracked the whole part. The crack is right below the hatchback key hole.. is this a piece that i can find for cheep or do i have to completely swap out the hatch back? If its just the small piece how much do you think it goes for?

The last owner put a three inch exhaust system on it and lowered it, so now every time that I go over a speed bump (even if i go at an angle) it gets hit. so is there a way to fix this over just replacing the system with a 2.5?

I dont know if its all 94 camaro's but mine after filling the power steering and replacing the tubes, still is tough to turn and there is alot of wiggle room in the steering wheel. I can give it a quarter turn in any direction and the tires dont move. plus it likes to drift (lots of resistance at the steering wheel) to the right and left while going 40 mph.

There seems to be a oil leak somewhere and it ends up in the back of the vehicle. when I put it up on the lift the whole bottom of the vehicle is covered in oil.

If anyone has a remedy to any of these please reply and sorry if this is in the wrong spot its my first post on here! thank you so much!

v6 motor if it helps

Old 01-06-2013, 10:46 AM
3rd Gear Member

IMO I would get the front wheels off the ground secured with jack stands, Wheels blocked. Have someone turn your steering wheel while you look around under the car to start with and see whats going on.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

If its hard to turn the wheel, and it jerks as its turning, you could have a rack that's going bad. One way to locate the oil leak is to clean the car underneath with degreaser and them monitor the leak and follow it to the source. I have an 02 Formula that's lowered 2" plus a body kit. It doesn't hit over anything,much of the time. I wonder why you scrape over those bumps. You could put stock size springs in and unless the previous owner installed different spindles,you'll be back to stock height. Good luck

Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

what engine are we talking about, 3.4, 3.8? can you get some pictures posted up, under the car so we can see how the exhaust is setup. one of the car so we can see how low its setting. measure from ground to fender ridge at the center of the tire and let us know what that is. agree with ^^^ clean the oil off the bottom so you can track the oil to the source.

check your tie rod ends common failure that causes lose steering.

i think your talking about the rear finish panel is this it 93 02 Chevy Camaro Rear Body Tail Light Filler Panel BEEN Repaired Taillight | eBay

Last edited by craby; 01-07-2013 at 10:18 AM.