93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

what would cause this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 04:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default what would cause this?

So I just pulled out the cam and lifted from my 3.8. I rebuilt the engine about 40k ago. When I did it I reused the stock cam but new liters. The cam had approx 100k on it. So when I just pulled out the liters I replace 40 k ago, the cam had eaten up some of the rollers. Wtf would have caused this. I'm stumped. Only thing I can think of is cam walk, but Idk. Plz any insight would be awesome. I have it almost put all back together but the tard at the v.dub dealership I work at doesn't understand that I needed an upper and lower intake gasket kit, even after I wrote it down on paper for him to order for me. Guess I soulda checked. And NOBODY has an upper kit, that all have lower, but no upper. Go figure..

Old 07-10-2011, 04:32 PM

sounds like cam walk but not sure really dont mess with v6 but as far as dealership goes i know all about that they wanted to charge me 2300 to put my new cam in i feel like they were trying to rip me so i did it my self and only cost 400 bucks so 1900 labor my ***

Old 07-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Overdrive Member

Ya know, many if not all dealer shops are union workers, so the prices are artificially high, and that's why you can find MUCH lower prices often at non-dealer shops...