93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

What to do first

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Default What to do first

What is the best way to begin to progress of creating my camaro into a performance beast. I want all the power I can get but I dislike loud pipes, like all those folks with trucks.</P>

Dont get me wrong, on a truck with a good lift, suspension, and engine mods sounds good with loud pipes. But I would like my car to seem like a lil punk until it takes off from the line. Then I want folks to realize that nosie dont mean anything.</P>

</P>

My camaro is an 01' standard v6. </P>

Old 10-23-2004, 02:13 AM
Default RE: What to do first

Hey my name is daniel crymes i have a 94 midnight blue camero 5 speed. I dont have anything done to my car. My friend has a 96 black mustang he smoked me. He has a k & n air filter and a straight shot cold air intake . And he has true dules turn downs. I want to try to get some ideas from other people on what i can do to make my camero faster. Its a stock v6 5 speed. if theres any ideas to help me please let me know id appreciate it o and my car rums 16. seconds flat. whitch is pretty good it think..

Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 AM

I would say get high performance spark plugs and wires,ignition coils,cold air intake,and if you want to you can do the whole exhaust over like the manifolds cats mufflers and headers...you can smoke that mustang with that.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:24 AM
3rd Gear Member

First Dan, I think its a cryme (not the last name)that you cant spell CAMARO.
ORIGINAL: cameroridder94

Hey my name is daniel crymes i have a 94 midnight blue camero 5 speed. I dont have anything done to my car. My friend has a 96 black mustang he smoked me. He has a k &amp; n air filter and a straight shot cold air intake . And he has true dules turn downs. I want to try to get some ideas from other people on what i can do to make my camero faster. Its a stock v6 5 speed. if theres any ideas to help me please let me know id appreciate it o and my car rums 16. seconds flat. whitch is pretty good it think..

Old 09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

well ill let all you guys know with 94s that you really have your work cut out for you the 3.4L packs 140ish horse power this means that to be "high performance" which in my eyes means 300 to the wheels or greate your going to be adding some were in the neighborhood of 180-190 horse power thats no small task for any car exaught is pretty much always the first step with a full exaughst rework i mean intake headers down pipe cat and cat back you may be able to add 30ish horse power putting you at a stouter 170 then if you go cam that kinda thing with out a terrible amount of interal work down you could get in the 220 range this however is only going to put you a little ways over the 3.8 stock.... and still well behind the Z28 other V8 mucle cars andhigher level ricers now beyond that you can look into forced indcution ie super or turbro charging this will costyou a pretty penny but could indeed bring you up to a level to compete with just about anything on the road but.....youll still probly loose at the track

Old 09-12-2007, 03:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Get a cold air intake, and new Bilstein HD shocks.