93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Weird "check engine" problem..

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:00 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

woh,,,, i posted that at 8:11, dang site is jumping again.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
I'm not following you on this one. Are we talking about changing the intake gasket or the ecm?

As far as those headlights go, cheap knockoffs, buy at your own risk. Same one's from an autoparts store would cost $50, so that tells you something right there. But those are not real HID headlights, just look a likes. Again, buy at your own risk.
Well the computer had problems but he said its ok now so its working.
He didn't tell me the codes, but i know him for years and he wouldn't lie to me for sure. He said that upper intake manifold gasket needs to be replaced.

Originally Posted by craby
i would think about taking it to a different shop. did you get the code numbers when it was scanned. if we know what the codes are we will have a better chance of finding the problem. oh and a 95 will not flash codes like a 93. you need a scanner or a aldl cable and program to get the codes to diagnose.
Thanks for reminding me, i've been searching all over for the cable. I do have a program in my android smartphone thats called Torque, what it does is, reads and diagnose obd-2 cars. And those 95's have obd-2 connector with obd-1 system in it. So i have no idea what to do about.

I put a brand new EGR valve in it. Thought problem would go away but i still get the code when i coast from 70. My mechanic said thats not big issue. And it really doesnt effect the way its running. By the way, we think that i do have a minor engine oil leak too somewhere around that, so we are going to replace em anyways.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by craby
bad intake gasket can set a egr code. if we do not know the codes then all we can do is guess.
Absolutely. I will take care of that gasket this weekend and post the results in. Thank you.