93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

vibrating..any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 03:19 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default vibrating..any ideas?

im not sure if anyone will really know what im talking about, but sugestions are appreciated. well my camaro when idiling, and going slowly makes a weird like vibrating noise. i thought it was my exuast cause i know that was needing to be replaced. but i replaced that and its still there. i did some listening when it was making it when i was parked and i think its the passenger side front. one guy mentioned it might have to do with my suspension cause i have it lowerd...maybe somethings not right with that. i dunno though, but its a pretty loud vibrating sound, esp when listening from the outside. any ideas? should i just take it to the chevy dealer or what?

Old 10-02-2005, 02:07 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: vibrating..any ideas?

what did you do when your car made that noise? well i havent gotten much chance to look in depth at what it is. but when i open the hood when the car is running the noise is drowned out by the engine..so im pretty sure its not anything under my hood. kinda sounds like around the cat and tire area. well my car is lowered and my cat is banged up kinda cause of it, like the cage around it is. maybe thats rattling or someting? i hope to get it figured out on my day off. but im going on a trip so i wanted to get this figured out before i drive a bunch in it.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Overdrive Member

What I did, isn't gonna help you. I traded mine in, for my Mustang. If you suspect your exhaust might be it, jack your car up and check it. Give a thorough inspection with everything else too, shaking/wiggling it to make sure it might not be loose.

Old 10-02-2005, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

put a towel between the cat and the car and see if the sound goes away

Old 10-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Overdrive Member

If you do that, make sure the exhaust isn't hot. Also if the heat shield is loose, it might still make the noise.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:18 PM
1st Gear Member

lol yeah what he said^^^^

Old 10-04-2005, 05:57 PM

Or you take the cat out...That seems more logical to me...

Old 10-05-2005, 05:57 AM
In the Staging Lanes

well i got it figured out i think. i went to the shop where i got my flowmaster done at and he jacked it up and was looking around. and found that the pipe going into my cat is a double walled one and apparently the inner wall is loose and thats whats rattling. so im gonna get that fixed or replaced soon. but now another problem happened. damn. well now i go to start my car and all of the sudden my RPM gage isnt working at all. it lays flat at 0. gonna figure that one out tommorow hopefully.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member

my spedo gauge went bad not too long ago, a little clip that keeps the counter wieghts from movin forward and backward had come off, it was in a hard to reach area and i got feed up tryin to put the itty bitty clip back in so i went and pulled an entire gauge cluster from a junker....im not sure if the RPM gauge has one of these clips but keep an eye out for a silver clip when u take a look at it

[just incase u dont already know this]

if u plan on taking the whole cluster out ull have to unhook the spedo cable, (it took me a while to figure out how to do this one) but on the back where the spedo hooks to the cable there is a release tab...easy as cake, ofcourse i coudnt find mine for the longest time......it was easiest to get to it from the top for me which means the dash has to come off

Old 10-09-2005, 04:08 AM
In the Staging Lanes

well i got the noise fixed. sounds soo much better. no annoying noise. finially. and cool thing is on my way home i was slowing down at a light and all of the sudden my RPM gage started working and has since. i hope it stays.

Quick Reply: vibrating..any ideas?