93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

V6 power adders?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Default V6 power adders?

Hey guys, Im brand new to this forum but ive had my 94 V6 camaro (auto) for a few years now. Im a college student so im on a very tight budget and I was wondering the most economical way to add some HP to my car. Alot of people tell me to sell it and buy an SS or Z28 but this is my first car and its my baby so i want to hold onto it. I was considering finding a totaled Z28 and using the LT1 but i read a post that it probably isnt the most cost effective way to go. So basically im looking for the most "bang for your buck" type performance upgrades. If anyone has any input it would be appericated.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:57 PM
I Like to Party

https://camaroforums.com/forum/4th-g...modding-25112/

That should start you in the right direction. Welcome to the forums!

Old 11-28-2011, 08:36 AM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

welcome to the forums

most people will tell you to just start with a v8 car and use your v6 car as a daily driver and they're right

Old 11-28-2011, 09:47 AM
I Like to Party

^ -sigh- the man is right.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:58 AM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Nitrous

Old 11-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I Like to Party

Originally Posted by Socom
Nitrous
Heard that. I hope to play with it soon enough

Old 11-28-2011, 12:59 PM

Thanks for the help guys, Ive always wanted an LS1 trans am but i dont have 7gs to throw around so my V6 will have to do for now. I already have a nice freeflowing exhaust so maybe i should start by working on my intake and go from there.

I feel like nitrus will destroy my engine over time. I want to keep this as my daily driver but with a little more *****. im sick of getting passed by hondas lol.

What about forced induction? do many people turbo their v6s?

Old 11-28-2011, 01:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

or you do what i did and make your v6 into more of a show car and add a few minor modifications exhaust, brakes, springs, shocks and struts. just to make it enjoyable to drive around and still have some fun with it

Old 11-28-2011, 01:44 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tommynasc
Thanks for the help guys, Ive always wanted an LS1 trans am but i dont have 7gs to throw around so my V6 will have to do for now. I already have a nice freeflowing exhaust so maybe i should start by working on my intake and go from there.

I feel like nitrus will destroy my engine over time. I want to keep this as my daily driver but with a little more *****. im sick of getting passed by hondas lol.

What about forced induction? do many people turbo their v6s?
cold air intake and a free flowing exhaust

that's about it. If you want more from the sixer then be prepared to spend a lot more money. But, at that point, it would be more cost effective to buy a newer vehicle.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lilspleen
or you do what i did and make your v6 into more of a show car and add a few minor modifications exhaust, brakes, springs, shocks and struts. just to make it enjoyable to drive around and still have some fun with it
Thats a really good idea, when i bought the car it was already lowered. It also came with KYB gas struts installed which im pretty sure arent stock. I was told the struts wouldnt need to be replaced but the ride is so rough im thinking i should replace the springs/struts. I recently replaced the stabilizer links, tierod ends, upper and lower control arm bushings and it helped the ride but its still too rough.

Id also like to change the rear brakes from drums to discs. to do this do i have to replace the whole rear end? (which i guess il find from a junked ss/z28) or can i convert to discs without swapping out the rear end?

BTW is your V6 still your DD?

Quick Reply: V6 power adders?