93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

tranny problems please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Default tranny problems please help

i have a 1995 camaro 5sp v6 3.4 sfi
anyway there is a lod winding noise when i let of the gas when im in gear and when im driving it sounds like its on metal to metal contact with the flywheel or something and yesterday i was driving and i was in first at a stop sign slightly rolling and the back wheels locked up and also i cant downshift into second or first unless i am completely stopped and when i try if i am rolling it winds really loud sound slike a super charger winding and its loud and 3rd and fourth grinds when i shift
any suggestions?
also where is the tranny dipstick located at i need to check fluid
also the low oil light is on but i just changed the engine oil and checked it and its fine?

any suggestions is helpful
thank you
Austin

Old 03-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: tranny problems please help

From what you are describing, it could be either the transmission or clutch. In any event the transmission has to pulled in order to diagnose or fix the problem. Talking about it is not going to fix it.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

check your oil sensor, it is on the bottom right of the engine with a large 4-5 inch rubber boot over it and a smokey orange wire. on the automatice the tanny sitck is red and on the back top left of the engine. i do not believe there is one on the manuals. i owuld have to check mine. i own two 94 one auto one manual. the tranny doest sound liek a clutch, might be fluid and your syncros might be going bad.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:15 PM

First of all to check the oil in a manual transmission you have to pull a plug, put your finger in the hole to see if you can fill fluid, the fluid should be right up to the fill plug, in the camaros the plug is located on the passenger side of the transmission, there is a drain plug right underneath the fill. And sounds like your transmission is toast, the main prob with those trannys is the rear seals go out and you loose all of your fluid causing the tranny to lock up, and i believe yours is right on the edge of locking up. Climb under the car and see if you see any oil coming from the rear (right where the driveshaft goes into the tranny) these transmissions require ATF to be run in them so you if the rear seal is leaking you will prob see a oil with a little bit of a red tint.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:22 PM

i figured it out it was the transmission that was bad so i got a new one out of a newer camaro now i need to find a adapter so i can plug my old speedometer cable into the newer model transmission anyone know where to get this adapter if there even is one if not can i splice into those wires and hook it up that way would it send the same signal?