93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

T-top conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 07:02 PM

looking for a mechanic in the las vegas area...can anyone help ? car needs to be diagnosed...dont know too much about camaro...any help will help, thank you!

Old 08-14-2010, 08:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I love my t-top, I just leave them off and park in the garage. It is like a convertable and so fun to drive, a fourth gen v-6 is the one of the best bang for the bucks out there. SFC.......

Old 08-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by erahhh
looking for a mechanic in the las vegas area...can anyone help ? car needs to be diagnosed...dont know too much about camaro...any help will help, thank you!

First off dont post your question that is off topic in someone else's thread. Second Welcome to the forums. Third we dont have enough info on where you need to go so start a thread about it and give us more details.

As for the T-top issue... to convert your car from T to HT would require a few parts. First off you need a HT roof, which is SMC and includes the sail pannels and must be glued to the car. Have fun getting the old one off. The weatherstrip for the HT car, Headliner, interior trim and also the metal parts that go around the door frame. The door frame parts must be welded to the "A" and "B" pillers. The front windshield will need to come out and will also need to be replaced with a HT windshield (yes they are different there are 3 windshields for 4th gen cars) Once the windshield is off and the frames are welded in you can glue the top onto the roof framework. Have the new windshield installed, install the headliner and trim and you are good to go.

I would rather convert from HT to T personally, less parts to buy and no welding. The windshield will not fit exactly right unless you remove the old roof parts from under it and then get the T top roof as well.

Massey