93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

supercharger requirments

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Overdrive Member

I personally would do this project! and I just might attempt it once I have the facilities to make this happen. Right now I have a carport and a **** land manager who wants me to call a tow truck every time I open the hood to clean the engine.

The costs are prohibitive for most people when doing this project. I have a friend in Oz that will get the elbow for me once I send her the money to purchase it. The machine work needed can be done by my dad who is a machinist by trade and he has been doing machine work since the 60's and knows how to operate a machine that is not attached to a computer with precision. Accessory mounts may be a problem but for right now I would worry more about getting it all in the engine bay and the intake hooked up.

What I do know about this project is this.

The L67 engine will fit the engine bay and the SC will clear the cowl with out mods.
The Holden intake will need to be used and reversed so it goes to the passenger side.
LT1 TB will need to be mounted to a custom built intake adaptor.
Battery may have to be relocated to accomidate the air filter
The T5 will hold the stock L67 HP, The diff will hold the stock L67 HP, use a 1 piece driveline.
Conventional intercooler will not fit so boost will be limited unless this can be adapted to the system.
L67 Computer may not be able to be used, L36 computer should be able to be tuned for the job, Some pinouts may need to be changed. (depending on years used) 99+ computer is NOT compatable with the LT1 TB.

This is not an easy job, nor will it produce V8 power leaving the L67 stock but it would leave a coolness factor that no NA V8 will be able to show.

Massey

Old 04-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Overdrive Member

OH Just bolting the Eaton M90 to the top of a L36 engine would not be a good idea. The L67 has internals designed for supercharging, Rods, Pistons, and cam are all different. The crank, block and heads are the same from the L36 to the L67.

Massey

Old 04-12-2011, 02:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Massy, the heads are way different. The fuel injectors are actually located in the head for a Supercharged engine. If you ever look at the heads of a L32 you will see where they machine out the head.

Cool factor, yeah I can see that and thought that I was really skilled and could do it, but then after my engine swap I said forget it. I only paid 500 dollars for it.

Last edited by cw2lido; 04-12-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Sorry L36..not L32. thinking of my buick regal and grand prix

Old 04-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Overdrive Member

My bad on the heads, yes they are different. Injector ports are in the head not the intake.

I paid $500 for my car too... Then my marriage started falling appart but it was not because of the car. Previous Avalanches had stuff to do with my mariage issues tho.

Massey

Old 04-12-2011, 03:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah, it was easy to be obsessed with the car, but I went over obession. Sorry to hear that.

So you got that 99 for 500? Wow, not bad! I need to get a dash pad (pad only because nobody else has a better name for that piece of plastic) for my car and then it will be complete inside. Looks good with the new dash in it.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Overdrive Member

CLick the linky in my sig to see what I have been through with the car in the year that I have owned her.

Massey

Old 04-12-2011, 05:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

I have also thought about going with the eaton m90 route but to much machine work to get it you fit. I've also thought of getting a vortex v5 supercharge but then I've heard that's alot of work. Then I've been reading alot and you get more hp out of a turbo then a supercharger at the same lbs of boost and a turbo is supposedly abit cheaper then turbo. I've been readying alot about our L36 engines and boosting them on ftv6 and se of those guys are pushing 500 hp on stock engines blocks. Only thing done is cam and required parts. Im planning on turboing my 96 next winter as long as I get this whole debt thing paid off so that the wife will be at ease with me spending money. Although her pay checks are paying for my tune, rear end and new tires.

If your car doesn't have a/c I'd personally go with a vortex supercharger. Less machining.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:53 PM
1st Gear Member

My point stands Liberty, you want power with out the hassle its in he v8. Those links you posted are 5th gens and op is about the 4th gen so bah Dont get me wrong I love the idea of custom power adders, it is an impessive feat if you complete it but you gotta put up the time/money.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 PM
2nd Gear member

I love these posts! They join and their first post Is asking about superchargers!

Quick Reply: supercharger requirments