93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:49 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Spark Plugs

I have a 94 3.4! Basic bolt ons to the engine. What sprark plugs are the best. I've seen some talk about special ones or what not, but i could not find that thread. Can someone just straight up tell me the best plugs for me to buy. Thanks guys.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:54 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Spark Plugs

Basic OEM plugs at the proper gap usually work the best unless you have a complete ignition upgrade (which still doesn't provide much unless the engine is ready for it). AC Delco plugs should suit you well, as they deliver the same spark any other plug could offer. There are, however, plugs available for people who drive short distances on a daily basis and for people who drive more. Those plugs control the heat and intensity of the spark and match it to which scenario is appropriate.

But that being said, I honestly think you will be pleased with plain AC Delco at the proper gap.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:57 PM
2nd Gear member

alright, that was an answer i was looking for. Anybody else gonna back him up or something different. Just want to make sure i get the best plugs for it.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:05 PM
2nd Gear member

i do remember that the bosch plugs are garbage, but i think i heard the iridium's are good. Did i hear right?

Old 09-20-2007, 05:28 PM
2nd Gear member

Iridium plugs are referring to the material that the center electrode is made of. There are also platinum plugs, but those are used in certain circumstances. Honestly, using what a service manual calls for is the best in this situation.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Droid

Use the same plugs that the factory put in. AC Delco R43TSK, gap 0.045".

Old 09-20-2007, 06:27 PM
2nd Gear member

i got the ac delco platinum oe plugs tonight. Thanks for all the help guys.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:20 AM

Performance wise they should all be relatively close initially. A couple things to remember though:

Don't buy single platinum plugs. We use a Waste Spark DIS son one side of the block sparks electrode to tip and the other side tip to electrode meaning over time one side will wear MUCH faster than the other.

Double Platinum plugs will hold a truer spark for a longer period of time and Iridiums will hold truer much longer than the double platinums.

As far as brand goes, a lot of it is brand preference. A good general rule I've always used is this:

Ford and Dodge - Autolite
GM - AC
European - Bosch
Asian - NGK

Some people don't like AC plugs though in which case I'd say go Autolite. I am getting more and more interested in NGK plugs though. I keep hearing more and more good things about them. Especially regarding higher performance plugs like the laser cut platinum and iridiums.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:48 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Cosentino

Performance wise they should all be relatively close initially. A couple things to remember though:

Don't buy single platinum plugs. We use a Waste Spark DIS son one side of the block sparks electrode to tip and the other side tip to electrode meaning over time one side will wear MUCH faster than the other.

Double Platinum plugs will hold a truer spark for a longer period of time and Iridiums will hold truer much longer than the double platinums.

As far as brand goes, a lot of it is brand preference. A good general rule I've always used is this:

Ford and Dodge - Autolite
GM - AC
European - Bosch
Asian - NGK

Some people don't like AC plugs though in which case I'd say go Autolite. I am getting more and more interested in NGK plugs though. I keep hearing more and more good things about them. Especially regarding higher performance plugs like the laser cut platinum and iridiums.
ROFL!!!! lol asian