93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Radio problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 02:13 PM
Default I have the same problem

Hi
I have the same problem that the radio goes on and off.
what can you do there or where do you have to look at the best.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Radio problem.

Originally Posted by tripwire1124
i got a bad radio problem. when the car is running i can turn the volume high and listen to the radio. but when i turn the car off, the radio looses sound and, for lack of a better word, starts beating. it also does this while the car is running, when i turn on the lights and interior fans, then after i give it gas it goes back to normal. possible ground problem?
Tripwire,

Before you get too wrapped around the axle, so to speak, I would clean your battery terminals - remembering that a battery cable has two ends, each. You want shiny clean metal bolted to shiny clean metal, there. New battery cable bolts may help, too. If the cables are in bad shape, replace them.
Beyond that, use a Voltmeter to measure the battery terminal voltage, with the car OFF, and running at idle.
I would also have the battery load-tested; most auto parts places will do that test for free.
I would suspect dirty battery terminals, or a bad Voltage regulator in the alternator.

Last edited by red42; 01-17-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:31 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pro_car
Hi
I have the same problem that the radio goes on and off.
what can you do there or where do you have to look at the best.
Originally Posted by red42
Tripwire,

Before you get too wrapped around the axle, so to speak, I would clean your battery terminals - remembering that a battery cable has two ends, each. You want shiny clean metal bolted to shiny clean metal, there. New battery cable bolts may help, too. If the cables are in bad shape, replace them.
Beyond that, use a Voltmeter to measure the battery terminal voltage, with the car OFF, and running at idle.
I would also have the battery load-tested; most auto parts places will do that test for free.
I would suspect dirty battery terminals, or a bad Voltage regulator in the alternator.
The problem is with the body control module,I've done some research because my drivers window sometime gets possessed and won't work,in my research I discovered it's also the problem with the radio acting up in my car.
I've read elsewhere you can re-solder the circuit board if it has cracked connections otherwise it will need to be replaced,I haven't pulled mine out yet but plan to when she comes out of the long winter garage sleep.

Lifted from LS1 tech: "The retained accessory power that runs the radio and windows is controlled by the BCM. Several members have found that the wire at the BCM gets loose and causes intermittent connection. Try wiggling the dark blue wire at the BCM and see if you can duplicate the problem."

"The BCM is the Body Control Module. It is a black box about the size of a paperback book mounted to the heater duct under the dash behind the glovebox. It controls several body related functions including retained accessory power, power door locks, keyless entry, alarm, audible warnings (chimes), hatch release, etc."

Last edited by Y2Keglide; 01-17-2022 at 05:37 PM.