93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Performance Chip?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Performance Chip?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFO...spagenameZWDVW

What do you guys think? It's only $10 so I think I might do it, but who knows if it even works, i'd rather go straight to the seller, but they said they only ship.

It's from an ebay store instead of a private seller also so I don't know if that give more assurance or not.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: Performance Chip?

Go for it.

however, you cannot chip a 4th gen camaro. I would bet good money that this isjust another IAT resistor deal. complete crap. IF you could get 40hp out of just a tune the factory seriously messed something up*

*the above was a blanket statement which is meant only in the context of stock gasoline engines. Diesels and boost controlling turbo chips do not apply. The views expressed above are not necessarily those of Camaroforums.com and its substituents. No purchase necessary unless prohibited by law. See inside panel for more details.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I figure since i'm gonna be putting stuff in it this winter, might as well spend $10 for fun just to see if it does anything, this winter I plan on putting headers, intake, exhaust, shocks, new headlights/clear corners, and try to knock a dent out of my rear fender. So I should be getting HP gains no matter what, whether it be the easy way (which probably wont work) or by getting to know my car inside and out. I'll probably put a new cd player/amp/sub combo in it too, just a 10" with the stealth enclosure.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:46 AM
4th Gear Member

dude just send me the money instead, I'll go buy a 5 cent resistor and some cigarettes...

seriously, it's crap, don't waste your money on that garbage

Old 10-15-2007, 02:39 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: badinfluenceRS

dude just send me the money instead, I'll go buy a 5 cent resistor and some cigarettes...

seriously, it's crap, don't waste your money on that garbage
Lol so so true lol

Old 10-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Ninja Administrator

Us: It will absolutely in no way shape or form work, you will probably lose power AND mpg but you WILL at least lose one IF the thing has any effect on the car whatsoever. the other option is it works similarly to a "NOS" sticker.

You: Oh really? I think ill still try it

Old 10-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Ninja Administrator

you have to be fuggin kidding me. check this dudes rating. he has +16, only ONE of which is from a buyer who says "cant wait to recieve product". everything else this guy has done is buy home electronics and make-up. and u want to buy car parts from this guy? ....

20 bucks says he just wont honor the return policy and take a hit on his account and just make another later. Its an easy scam, make lots of promises that seem safe with returns and whatnot, flood the market with crap that all sells at about the same time, empty the connected paypal account right after you recieve payment and just let ebay close your accounts when they realize ur a giant jerk. then start the process over with a new paypal account and ebay account.

waste ur money if u want, but you are promoting scum like that. and like we said already, you cannot chip a 4th gen fbody, so if it is a "chip" u wont have anywhere to put it that wont risk frying ur pcm if it actually plugs in. if u get an obd2 terminal plug with a series of connections and resistors you could possibly damage your car and spend alot more than 10 bucks. if its a throttle body resistor, you will just run rich as hell and possibly still hurt things.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Overdrive Member

Ok, so try it, but dyno before and after adding the chip, and share with us your dyno results -- might be a good lesson for all here.

It would be cool to document things like this here (with a sticky or database), with solid proof, for all to benefit from...

Old 10-15-2007, 05:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Well i've never done the ebay thing before so I was just checkin stuff out, my buddy said the stores were all safe so that's what I looked under, I'd rather do the hard work and get to know my car a lot better but if I can do that PLUS a chip (which wont work i guess) I figured it would not be a problem, obviously I would have looked into it further before buying it, I already have all the other stuff for this winter sitting in my garage waiting to be put on so it's not a big deal. Forget I asked haha