93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Oil Leak/ Over Heating

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Default RE: Oil Leak/ Over Heating

this is angel her girlfriend ashley is a girl look at the name under the comment...

Old 11-19-2007, 07:20 PM
4th Gear Member

i love this site.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:24 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluovlh8er

i love this site.
it's awesome.

we need to make it a orginization.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:48 PM

OK now that we all know thatI am gay and that everyone loves this site can we talk about my oil leak please.....now my oil is full....this is what i dont understand....if it is leaking in puddles the size of my fist but is still full.....what the hell is the problem?[sm=dontgetit.gif] And another question shocks.....how fast can on person go threw shocks?

Ashley[sm=helpout.gif]

Old 11-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Overdrive Member

Maybe you are leaking Trans. fluid that is blowing elsewhere? Did you also check your Trans. fluid according to the method in your Owner's Manual? Are you sure the fluid leaking is oil?

If your shocks are old, they need to be replaced -- mine went out in my '95 this year... What alerted me was the bottoming out of my front driver-side strut going over bumps.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:20 PM
4th Gear Member

i was jus gonna say trans fluid. or evenengine coolant.fluid(although thats like not even close to being black) that could/would cause overheating

Old 11-20-2007, 06:04 PM
2nd Gear member

If it is oil and you arent sure its coming from the pan check where the oil filter connects to the engine. Of course that was on a 3.4, thats an RS so its a 3.8 right? I dont know how similiar the older 3.8s are to the newer, but the oil filter on my Firebird is stickin out of the front of the engine.The oil filter on my camaro was above some wiring and the exhaust on the back of the engine. Any chance you could post up some pics of this stuff??

Old 11-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: red94v6

If it is oil and you arent sure its coming from the pan check where the oil filter connects to the engine. Of course that was on a 3.4, thats an RS so its a 3.8 right? I dont know how similiar the older 3.8s are to the newer, but the oil filter on my Firebird is stickin out of the front of the engine.The oil filter on my camaro was above some wiring and the exhaust on the back of the engine. Any chance you could post up some pics of this stuff??
3.8 = oil filter on front of engine

Old 11-22-2007, 09:39 PM

Ok just to let you all know so we can get it out there i do know where the oil filter is because i learned how to change it myself last time my girl did it for me...but ok i will check the trans fluid tomorrow and thanks for all the help

Old 03-15-2009, 12:14 PM

Okay first off, did you change out the thermostat and if so does it still overheat? Next, did you replace the oil pan and if so is your oil cured? If those to steps fixed your problem then good. If not, here's what you should do next. When the car is off and the engine hasn't been on for at least 45 minutes, get a rag and use it to to slowly open the radiator cap. Go slowly because contents is under pressure and getting sprayed with antifreeze is dangerous. When you have the cap off check the coolant to see if it's gunky and no longer smells sweet like maple syrrup9 which is what antifreeze should smel like). If it doesn't smell right and it's gunky that's a tell tale sign of a blown head gasket.
Terry

Quick Reply: Oil Leak/ Over Heating