93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Oil Leak/ Over Heating

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Default RE: Oil Leak/ Over Heating

Ok first of all I am a girl and I am with a girl.....My girlfriends name is Angel....and she changed my oil for me because her dad taught her how do it so she does it on my camaro and hers....ok.....now that we have that straight even though I am not....lol.....I know a little bit about my car and I do know that it is not the hole for the drain plug....its just another hole in the oil pan that is leaking out the oil.....like I said before I went to a guy who said that the hole was supposed to be there but he also couldnt tell me that one of my fuses was out and that my shock was out of its mount so I dont trust what he said at all....but the hole is a small pebble size and it leaks out a lot of oil

Old 11-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Overdrive Member

LOL

There should be no other holes in your oil pan, except one for the oil level sensor -- maybe it is leaking from there? I had to replace my oil pan on my '95 3.4L because the metal was disintegrating and the pan would have burst if left alone.

You also might have a leak around the oil pan rubber gasket, and that is dripping down from some other spot on the pan...

It sounds like you need a new oil pan.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:37 PM

Ok so if you were to jack up a camaro and look under it you would see the oil pan....well if your facing the front of the car and looking at the oil pan you would see a pinky nail size hole where oil is leaking from....so thats that....now about the over heating still....would a could air in take help any?

Ashley

Old 11-17-2007, 06:20 PM
4th Gear Member

no a cold air wont help over heating. that helps performance(HP) as for the hole.. uh, a hole that big would drain your oil out in matter of minutes. does your engine even have any oil in it?... that could cause overheating and ALOT more things...

how bad is it leaking. and how many miles(the oil pan gasket usually leaks around 120kmi, and from what i understand, it always will, even after u replace it, but not enough to make a difference. just use lucas when you put a new seal in)

Old 11-17-2007, 07:53 PM

Well yes my car has oil in it....its full......but as far as the miles go it just got up there a few days ago but the oil was leaking before that....so i dont understand the over heating.....like i said we did a coolant flush and put in a new air filter....

Old 11-18-2007, 01:24 PM
1st Gear Member

ok theres many thig u can do, my first would be to just replace the oil pan so this problem never happens again. second i told my dad about ur problem, he told me to tell u use a epoxy since u described it as a small hole. to apply the epoxy u need to remove ALL the oil from the car. so depending where the oil is first lift the car from that side then place it back down and process to the other side so that the side that has the oil can be free from any oil. proess in cleaning around the hole and use LOTS of degeaser, or minaral sprite, or lacka thinner (sorry for the mispelling). when the spot is COMPLETEY clean have the epoxy ready and use a small piece of card board and spread the epoxy with it all over the place where the hole is. then push hard on the place where the hole is for like 2- 5 minutes and let go its should be hard by then. if its a small as u say should last for a long time or just simply buy a new oil pan laterz...

Old 11-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Overdrive Member

Absolutely don't try anything other than a pan replacement, it will not last...

For overheating, also try Prestone Super Flush, and replace the thermostat (cheap)...

Old 11-18-2007, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member

ok i know lot of ppl are going to boo me off here but in my case..i used a thermostat for almost a year and having finally finished replacing ALL the freeze plugs and NEW head geasket seal, and new water pump, and new radaitor, and new fan motor the car would still over heat. about two months ago i removed the thermo of my car so for the past two months ive been with out one and my car never felt better. unlessam driving in the city and really hot it may go beyond the middle, but in the expressway cold as ice. thats just what i think remove the stat and see what happen...let the booing begin now.....

Old 11-18-2007, 09:20 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: camarogirl

Ok first of all I am a girl and I am with a girl.....My girlfriends name is Angel
Sorry but I have to. So having another hole around may not be so bad. Soooooo sorry.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:48 AM
4th Gear Member

so, how bad is the oil leak then if it still is almost full? and does the hole look like it was s'pose to be there?(like a perfect circle, smooth edges, drilled?) mine had 138kmi when i sold, and it was "leaking" when i bought it, it was leaking oil pan seal, and the way it leaked(dried oil all over) made it look like the whole oil pan leaked. well i ahd the seal replaced, and the oil pan cleaned, it must of leaked for a long time, cuz the oil pan was basicly spotless(oil "preserving" it from rust) but the new seal leaked worse than old one(i guess the old one basicly seales itself with "Dried" oil) so i put some luca in, and it was fine, still a minor oil leak, but over the 3kmi between oil changes, didnt leak enough to have to ever add any... if the oil leak isnt that bad(not having to keep adding oil), i really wouldnt worry abouyt it, worst it'll do is make a burning oil smell every once in a while.

i dont beleave the oil is leaking from that "hole" cuz, well, it's a big hole, but you still have oil. may just seem like it's leaking from there.

Quick Reply: Oil Leak/ Over Heating