93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

missfiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
2nd Gear member

im not really looking for minor things like those. so far he has done about 1300 dollars in damage to my car. a flat tire or plugged exhaust just wont cut it for me

Old 07-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Overdrive Member

a bat to the windshield then?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by RS96LSU
im not really looking for minor things like those. so far he has done about 1300 dollars in damage to my car. a flat tire or plugged exhaust just wont cut it for me
Wow, what does this guy have against you?

Old 07-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Droid

As for the fuel pump going bad if out of fuel. As Camaro 69 said it is not dirt at the bottom of the tank causing the problem, the problem is that the gasoline is used as a lubricant and as coolant for the pump. Because the pump is electric it will continue pumping for a while after the engine stops. This and the attempts to restart the engine with an empty tank, will get the pump nice and toasty, and eventually burn something out. Another source of a hot pump is a clogged filter which causes the pump to work much harder and overheat.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by RS96LSU
About 8 oz of brake fluid in his tranny should make you about square. It will take a rebuild to fix it. Putting sugar in someones gas tank is not good fun. Removing all of someones plug wires and next day UPS them to them is fun.

Last edited by Gorn; 07-31-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:51 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Wow, what does this guy have against you?
its my ex gfs current bf. im not really sure what his deal is. i hadnt talked to her before this month in at least 4 months. she randomly prank called me about a month ago and then texted me 3 or 4 times over the last month and she and i are cool now. idk if he feels threatened or what

Originally Posted by Gorn
About 8 oz of brake fluid in his tranny should make you about square. It will take a rebuild to fix it. Putting sugar in someones gas tank is not good fun. Removing all of someones plug wires and next day UPS them to them is fun.
how would i go about getting brake fluid into his trans? its prolly gonna be a 3 in the morning kinda deal and i wont be able to pop his hood. i was thinking maybe drilling a small hole in his oil pan. either it wouldnt crank at all or it would start and destroy something. he drives an 01 or 02 toyota celica gts. any other ideas?

Old 08-01-2009, 08:04 AM

Pardon my random saneness in this, but he obviously has access to your car to do nasty things to it, so why would you escalate the situation by "Getting Even"?
Sounds to me like it could very easily turn into the Hatfields & McCoy's.
Perhaps being the better man and do the right thing would make you feel better in the long run than the wrong thing that might give you a moment's pleasure.
Anyway, good luck with it whichever way you decide to handle it.

Van

Old 08-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I was going to add something similar to what Vanyel said. Pranks that are all in fun are one thing. But what this new b.f. did is beyond a prank. If you did do anything to his car to retaliate, it's not like he wouldn't know it was you. Unless you are able to stand guard over your car 24/7, it isn't going to end pretty for either one of you.
Perhaps an unfriendly visit by Lefty and Ziggy would him to sees the error in his wayzzzz?

Old 08-01-2009, 11:08 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

just confront the *** and ask why he did it, in front of the ex of corse. a little lie like a buddy seen him messin with your car will mess with him. whatever u do dont mess with his car. its not worth it. be done with the ex and walk away. if u allow this punk to control u and ur feelings then u lose. people like him end up in jail sooner or later. suger in the gas is as old as the hills and really doesnt harm the motor or major parts. now bleach is another story. did u know bleach is electrified salt water. think about that.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:12 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Vanyel
Pardon my random saneness in this, but he obviously has access to your car to do nasty things to it, so why would you escalate the situation by "Getting Even"?
Sounds to me like it could very easily turn into the Hatfields & McCoy's.
Perhaps being the better man and do the right thing would make you feel better in the long run than the wrong thing that might give you a moment's pleasure.
Anyway, good luck with it whichever way you decide to handle it.

Van
trust me, i have thought of it that way. yeah he knows where i live but i should be moving out within a month or so and then he wont know where i live. im not normally the "get even" kinda guy and i would say it wasnt worth it if he had slashed a tire or broken a window or something like that, but if my compressor isnt covered by warranty, this could easily turn into 1300 to 1400 dollars worth of damage to my car. im not gonna just let that slide of my back. its time to get even

Quick Reply: missfiring problems