93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

many problems, need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
2nd Gear member

I actually just did my fuel filter. As long as you have a 2 1/2ton jack or higher, and a couple of jack stands, you will be fine. Just jack it up about 6-8inches from the end of the side frame before the rear tire. I put two jack stands up before the jack. Than its easy to slide under from the back of the car but not down the middle. Go down the driver side or your head will hit the differencial... trust me.. Also, put wheel stops on the front of the front tires please. that way the car doesnt pop out of gear and run you over.

With the lack of power, does it sputter or shake? Mine did that and it needed new coil packs. After that, it was fine. I thought it was plugs or wires as well, wasted a lot of money on parts that were fine before I found out the packs needed to be changed.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

current update:
ok well i put new wires and plugs in, cleaned the egr, and cleaned the iac. havent gotten a chance to change the fuel filter or clean the pcv yet. it was running better but now its got a bad missfire, way worse than it was to start with, definitly feels like im down a cylinder or two. i can feel it in the throttle when driving. finally got a vid of it dunno if its gonna help any if not let me know and ill get another.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtwu_SC16gg

Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 9434V6
I actually just did my fuel filter. As long as you have a 2 1/2ton jack or higher, and a couple of jack stands, you will be fine. Just jack it up about 6-8inches from the end of the side frame before the rear tire. I put two jack stands up before the jack. Than its easy to slide under from the back of the car but not down the middle. Go down the driver side or your head will hit the differencial... trust me.. Also, put wheel stops on the front of the front tires please. that way the car doesnt pop out of gear and run you over.

With the lack of power, does it sputter or shake? Mine did that and it needed new coil packs. After that, it was fine. I thought it was plugs or wires as well, wasted a lot of money on parts that were fine before I found out the packs needed to be changed.
cool i was trying to find a ditch or something to do the change because i dont have money right now for stands so i guess ill wait till i get a few dollars to go buy some.

yes with the lack of power it does sputter. im kinda hoping its not the coil packs cause i dont have the money laying around to go buy a new set. know of any place that i can pick up reliable ones for a decent or cheap price?

Old 08-30-2011, 06:11 PM
2nd Gear member

ebay is probably your best bet. most people think they only get crap from ebay, but there are a lot of manufactures there now. This is the cheapest set I could find. the rest come as singles and add up quick.

93 94 95 Camaro 3.4L V6 coil pack | eBay

I couldnt even find anywhere else that sells them as a pack instead of seperately. usually they are like 35 a peice.

And too bad about the jack stands. if you were around me, Id help.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

anyone know how to test coil packs? just wanted to test mine before going out any buying new ones and come to find out that its the icm that is bad because ive seen an icm cause a missfire too before.

also was driving again today, probably isnt smart but have no choice. it seems that the missfire isnt as bad today now idk what is up with this car but its making me crazy

Old 08-31-2011, 02:28 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by buck658
anyone know how to test coil packs? just wanted to test mine before going out any buying new ones and come to find out that its the icm that is bad because ive seen an icm cause a missfire too before.

also was driving again today, probably isnt smart but have no choice. it seems that the missfire isnt as bad today now idk what is up with this car but its making me crazy
Correct me if Im wrong, but Im not good with all the abbreviations yet. When people refer to the ICM, is that the Idle Control Module?

Old 08-31-2011, 02:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

oh im not sure but what i meant by icm is ignition control module that sits under the coil packs

Old 08-31-2011, 02:56 PM
2nd Gear member

oh im not sure but what i meant by icm is ignition control module that sits under the coil packs
oh alright, thats probably what Im being told to check.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok well i think i have the problem pin pointed. after about an hour of talkin with my friend about it we decided to pull one plug wire at a time to figure out which one is missing because it got worse so i knew it was a miss from the sound. come to find out cylinder number 3 was the problem...now i gotta find a decent coil pack for a cheap price.

how did we figure this out? well after a few drinks my friend decided to be brave and put on a rubber insulated glove and we fired the car up and he pulled one wire at a time and replaced it until we found one that didnt change show a sign of change when it was removed...such a brave and stupid guy, gotta love when alcohol is involved lol

Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM
2nd Gear member

ok well i think i have the problem pin pointed. after about an hour of talkin with my friend about it we decided to pull one plug wire at a time to figure out which one is missing because it got worse so i knew it was a miss from the sound. come to find out cylinder number 3 was the problem...now i gotta find a decent coil pack for a cheap price.

how did we figure this out? well after a few drinks my friend decided to be brave and put on a rubber insulated glove and we fired the car up and he pulled one wire at a time and replaced it until we found one that didnt change show a sign of change when it was removed...such a brave and stupid guy, gotta love when alcohol is involved lol
lol, sweet. you basically have me in high hopes that my car will be fixed very soon. I have a whole set of spark plugs, I have the ICM, I have 3 replacement coil packs, even have replacement sensor clips, i even got another idle control valve, and sensor, new air temp sensor, and Im getting new plug wires and a battery today.

Quick Reply: many problems, need help