93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Lack of power

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Lack of power

So today I went to start my camaro and warm her up like I do every morning. The problem I saw and heard was like puffs of exhaust of the tailpipes. I could also feel them when I was sitting in the car. I figured it was because I was low on gas and so I went to the gas station and filled up. Sure enough I only had about a gallon and a half in the tank. This morning was also a very cold morning with frost everywhere. My question is this...Do you guys think that maybe moisture got in the system or in an injector causing it to make the puffing action? One more thing to add. The check engine light began to blink which I know means cylinder misfire but it did that for about 10 seconds and then stopped. It has not done it again since then. Tell me what you guys think.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Maybe the car was on an incline, and with such little gas left in the tank, the fuel pump was sucking hit & miss. It's all fine now that you filled the tank? Btw, it's not good for the life of the fuel pump to run the gas that far down. The pump is a motor that gets hot, and the gas can help to keep it cooler.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:55 AM
1st Gear Member

I didnt think about the incline because was parked on the side of the street and there is a bit of an incline. I know I have sender unit problem and for that i monitor my gas situation by watching mileage. I guess I just cant let it get below a quarter tank. Last saturday I took it to a shop to have a high flow cat welded on along with a new muffler. Everything sounded good when I left and was pretty impressed. I am wondering though if the cat was put on backwards. Could this be causing the misfire issue at all? The reason why I ask is when I get it to about 2000 rpms i have the throttle wide ope and it doesnt feel like it is moving very fast. I feel in the car almost like a bubbling action if that makes sense.

also: I did check over with my car and noticed that one of the coil packs was extremely losse. I tightened it back down thinking this was the problem and it seemed to help a little bit but the misfire problem still exists. I have already replaced the spark plugs and wires.