93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Just got my first Camaro but I have a problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Angry Just got my first Camaro but I have a problem

Well i just purchased my first 1997 chevy camaro. its a 3.8L V6 and im really syked, but im facing a bit of trouble with it... I'm not sure of the exact names but bare with me. theres two tubes that come out of the housing unit (holds air filter) one tube that sucks in air in to the filter and, another tube coming out of the air filter that goes into another black box( maybe cycling the air) then into the engine. well theres a rubber plunger like thing that is attached to the engine that goes around the round pipe that sucks in air. Well it slipped off and its as if the engine when turned on is sucking air coming from the outside rather than the filter due to it slipping off. sorry this is so hard to type but im uploading a picture of it. anyone know the part name.. also a quick fix?! much appreciated. - Stephen

Heres the Picture since you can't attach pictures http://tinypic.com/r/5xj5s6/7

p.s would take to mechanic but not getting tag/insured until thursday, and im anxious lol.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:04 PM
XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

Hard to tell from the pic but im gonna say it's your cold air intake, if it just slipped off slip it back on and tighten it back down.

Last edited by XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX; 12-13-2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-13-2010, 06:07 PM
XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

Btw, welcome to the forum, would love to see some pics of your 97.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:08 PM

well theres a ziptie on the piece im talking about, and i didnt notice it when i bought the car. so im sure it happened to the person i bought it from. i think a clamp or something should be inplace of that. idk i tryed slipping it back on but its to tough.. keeps slipping off. you know the name of that piece?

Old 12-13-2010, 06:13 PM

oh thanks man. heres another pic so you can see the area of what im talking about. is a bit blurry but try to enlarge if you can. http://tinypic.com/r/prtpg/7

Old 12-13-2010, 06:15 PM
XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

not sure of the name , it's just a rubber boot connector, if you don't have a ziptie you can go to the local auto parts store and get a clamp that will fit over it. if you go to a decent parts store they may even put it on for you.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:20 PM
XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

they likely even have a ziptie aswell

Old 12-13-2010, 06:22 PM

haha true.. im so glad i got it though. its pretty load for a v6. i think the old zip tie is the reason i cant fit it back around. I'll probably cut it tommorow, Damn zipties lol

Old 12-13-2010, 06:22 PM

loud*

Old 12-13-2010, 06:32 PM
XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

does it have a auto or manual ? mine has the 5 speed i love it. great gas mileage and still sporty

Quick Reply: Just got my first Camaro but I have a problem