93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

i wanna try something new whatcha think

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

well thanks red knight and gluefactory i think im gonna do it i found the motor trans and ecu with harness on the web for 5500 shipped to my door and im gonna go with the awd 5speed tranny so i will keep yall utd with pix and such now the biggest stress will be the awd part

Old 07-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Overdrive Member

OK first off I think you are smoking something that is not leagal even in the Netherlands. The 69 Mustang is a much simpler car than the Camaro, it is built for an inline 6 to begin with. The 502 in the S-10, no biggy there are kits to but big and small blocks in those trucks, I helped put a 350 in a 91 S-10 for Clover Park Vocational College. It is the Concept truck, tight squeeze but fun project, no biggy. This here is a different critter all together, I am not sure on the skyline engine dimentions but I can tell you from very recient (like yesterday) that there is not alot of room in the engine bay of the camaro. Also the car is built around the engine, to get things like gauges and what not to work you may want to consider after market ones like Autometer or what have you. I am not a fan of forign cars but I can and will give props where due and the skyline is a fun car to drive and it is fast. A 4th gen may not be the best starting point for this project tho. How about a 2nd gen? Large engine bay, simple electrical systems in the car, can be easily found for a couple grand, good looks and styling. I think that would be a more realistic starting point IMO. Well good luck on what ever course you take.

Massey

Old 07-30-2010, 01:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks for the insight massey i was wanting to go with the 4th gen because of the weight of the car but i see what your gettin at i can get fiberglass body parts for the 2nd gen im still reseaching right now dimensions are really fun to get but like i said the big prob is the AWD and trying to find spindles and such that will bolt up and work on any gen camaro gauges and such will fall into place(hopefully) im sure im gonna log a lot of hours on the mig and tig

Old 07-30-2010, 01:54 AM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

If you wanna give me old ls1 engine and trans+wiring harness for free lemme know

Old 07-30-2010, 11:16 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i wouldnt waste a z or ss

Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by tncatfish
i may have lost it this time but me and my partner have built some cool cars now we have the bright idea of lets build something new. He's a tuner and im all late model muscle. but the idea is take a 4th gen v6 preferably a 98-02 and swap the engine and tranny for a rb26det motor (skyline straight 6 twin turbo) brace the frame some suspension work and make a drift car whatcha think let me know whats up give some ideas i know some will shun me from the camaro world but when youve done as much as i have youll start thinking outside the bowtie but im still a chevy guy
ok im not trying to knock you but i would reccomend if you were going to do it go with the rb25det as for 1)parts are less expensive and a lil easier to come by, 2) good luck with the awd set-up, 3) you can build the rb25 to be very beastly just like the 26.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:53 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by MaxTheKiing
drifting with a RWD? your smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok you obviously know absolutely nothing about drifting. drifting is done with primarily ALL rwd cars, very rairly do the use awd. they might be drifting sti's or evo's but they are converted to rwd. the only thing they use awd for is rally which is kind of like drifting and kind of totally different at the same time. just go to a formula d event and let me know how many cars are actually competing with awd

Old 08-04-2010, 01:12 AM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Let the kid think he can fit an inline 6 in a 93 Camaro. I agree, not a good idea. In fact I think it's in the running of stupidest things I've ever heard. However, who am i to say that what he wants isn't what he'll get. Sure if you have enough money you can make anything happen. Hell I could blow Mars into little pieces if I had enough money. But realistically, a Skyline engine in a Camaro? And to the OP, posting here about a foreign engine being put in an American muscle car was the WRONG thing to do. Everyone here is going to tell you you're an idiot for ruining a perfectly good Camaro...

Old 08-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

personally im all about thinking outside the box and if you can make it work im all for it constantly i read about originality well here you go very original i give you 2 thumbs up and hope to see this car on formula d sometime

Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 PM
1st Gear Member

do it

Quick Reply: i wanna try something new whatcha think