93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

i wanna try something new whatcha think

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:32 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Cool i wanna try something new whatcha think

i may have lost it this time but me and my partner have built some cool cars now we have the bright idea of lets build something new. He's a tuner and im all late model muscle. but the idea is take a 4th gen v6 preferably a 98-02 and swap the engine and tranny for a rb26det motor (skyline straight 6 twin turbo) brace the frame some suspension work and make a drift car whatcha think let me know whats up give some ideas i know some will shun me from the camaro world but when youve done as much as i have youll start thinking outside the bowtie but im still a chevy guy

Old 07-29-2010, 09:46 AM
4th Gear Member

I think you're an idiot and full of crap.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Thumbs down

gotta admit. not a fan. have u checked dimensions? the V8 stretches from firewall to radiator, and you want to put an extra 2 cylinders of length in there. not to say it can't be done, but that's a squeeze. Turning a Camaro (or any Chevy for that matter) into a modified lawn mower is a big no no and probably something you should do with out telling anyone. think of it like riding a fat chick....

Old 07-29-2010, 12:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by evilkal
I think you're an idiot and full of crap.
Agree.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

hey like i said im just trying to come up with new ideas and if it makes you feel any better i can go for the awd motor and trans but if a 69 mustang can have a silivia motor why cant a camaro have a skyline motor as for dimesions im not too worried we put a 502 in a 89 s-10 saws all is my friend oh and evilkal dont be a ****** no call for that

Old 07-29-2010, 02:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

hey man this is my thoughts... if you want to put the time and effort in to it then do it. nobody is drivin it or ridin with you so why it matter what others think.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:44 PM
3rd Gear Member

A Nissan engine in a Chevy? No sorry I can't allow that...

Old 07-29-2010, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

drifting with a RWD? your smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2010, 05:30 PM
2nd Gear member

Opinions vary so much on something as subjective as this that the best avenue to take is the one you want to pursue. If you think you can do it and would enjoy the challenge, that's what you should do... because you want to. I'm not sure the benefits would outweigh the difficulty of the task (or ridicule), but I really couldn't say. If you go ahead and do it, I'd be curious enough to follow the build if you choose to post regularly.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by tncatfish
hey like i said im just trying to come up with new ideas and if it makes you feel any better i can go for the awd motor and trans but if a 69 mustang can have a silivia motor why cant a camaro have a skyline motor as for dimesions im not too worried we put a 502 in a 89 s-10 saws all is my friend oh and evilkal dont be a ****** no call for that
because its a 69 Mustang....I'm just not a fan of defacing new and classic muscle. but if it works out, then more power to ya.

Quick Reply: i wanna try something new whatcha think