93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

hope i'm in the right place... (sorry such a long post)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:53 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: hope i'm in the right place... (sorry such a long post)

you need a camaro, if you can get away with selling it for $4000, maybe oyu should. but then buy one in great condition. you can get a cheap 3.4 or 3.8 that runs like a dream for under $4000. i never buy form dealers. i buy from locals who oyu can tall have taken care of a car.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

MAF's are pretty hardy, u managed to screw 2 of them up? I would bet something else is up. expect another failure if this is the case
In my opinion, the only screw up I made was buying a busted *** modern piece of crap.

they shop owner guy took it on a test drive with me before I took it home yesterday, we went about double what I drove before the faulty one triggered the idiot light and there weren't any problems. so hopefully it will run just a couple more weeks and then i won't need to worry about hte damb thing until next year.

hell, if i'm lucky, maybe someone will steal it while i'm out of the country..

Old 03-27-2008, 09:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I checked my 96 out real well, I am pretty good with cars, but I still took it to a mechanic with diagnostic tools. I have a guy I have used for years when I can't do a job. It cost me $100.00 dollars, but well worth it. My car has just over 100,000 miles and It ended up having a bad MAP sensor. got the seller to go down $500.00 bucks on the car, I then bought on a camaro salvage yard for $50 bucks and it runs great. SFC

Old 12-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Default unnecessary update

Well, I'm deployed again and bored out of my mind.. so i thought i'd poke a stick in a hornet's nest and update this thread..

In March 2009, my Craparo up and quit. Problems started off on a tuesday or wednesday, it would just stall for no reason after driving for about 30 minutes. I made an appointment to take it in on that saturday. well, friday night it only runs maybe 10 minutes before dying, and it doesn't like restarting afterwards. So saturday finally comes and it dies while I'm still about half a block from the shop, but it's downhill from there so i just put it in neutral and coast into a parking spot.

The shop can't get it to turn over at all. they check oil and computer readings and everything is fine, it is just fully seized.

They say it needs a new motor, cost of a crate engine+install would have been about $3,700. they let me leave it in their parking while I make a decision.
This is the final straw, i called up a buddy who owns a tow truck, told him if he could come pick it up, i'd sign it over to him for $1.00.

Called my bank, got a pre-approved car loan, called my sister-in-law, had her talk to her uncle (I didn't know until recently that he owns a dealership..), and a couple of weeks later, I'm at Rio Vista Ford Dodge Jeep driving off with a 2009 Challenger R/T, 6-speed, with about 65 miles on the odometer for under $35K.

best decision i've made in years. Only problem i've had so far is that it feels like i'm only going half the speed i'm actually going, so i've had to be extra careful watching the speedo.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:58 PM
1st Gear Member

i made a mistake of buying a 95 camaro v6 3.4 and i drove it for about a week after i purchased it and had it checked out and everything looked fine but then all of a sudden i was running hot and losing coolant..come to find out have have a blown head gasket...

Old 12-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Congrats on the R/T its a nice car. Just don't square off on and 2010 SS Camaro's you will be disappointed at the results.

Hey what did you expect it a Camaro website

Old 12-13-2009, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gorn
Congrats on the R/T its a nice car. Just don't square off on and 2010 SS Camaro's you will be disappointed at the results.

Hey what did you expect it a Camaro website

haha, honestly I expected a small flame war, like I said I'm really friggin bored out here ;P

Thanks for the congrats though:thumbsup:

as for squaring off, i don't need any "performance awards" from the authorites, insurance is expensive enough as it is

and just for another fun filled zinger.. I like that Chevy decided to give up making a more powerful motor and just threw a supercharger on the z28... :P

mbar, I have no idea what was wrong with this one, all I do know is I bought it for 4k, put another 2100 into it in repairs and maintence in about 14 months and then it crapped out on me. the only follow up on it I ever did was calling DMV to make sure if my buddy left it sitting somewhere it wouldn't have my name attached to it anymore..

Old 01-06-2010, 02:22 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

samba?

Old 01-06-2010, 01:26 PM
2nd Gear member

Well, it's too bad you got a car that left you with a bad experience. Sure sounds like the car was abused from day 1. But, it sure looks like you ended up getting a very nice car with the Challenger.