93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

engin swap wanted

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default engin swap wanted

Ok everyone knows I have a 95 3.4 5speed my question is what engins can I put in it with little to no mod and hook up to my tranny cause I wanna keep my 5 speed. I just want more power I've done most everything you can do without a lot of money cause to customize it I might as well buy a v8?

Old 10-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

The easiest way would be to jack up your gas cap, and pull a Z28 underneath it.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Tech Droid

The 5 speed box is not going to like much more power than what it is already handling.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:30 AM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

See my v6 build in my signature, and then click the v8 one.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:07 PM
1st Gear Member

69 what are you talking about?

socom thats alot of modding to do and alot of money

I was just wondering if there are any motors I can put in without but loads of money or mods
as I dont have a grage to put the car out of commission for a while because it would only be me doing the whole swap

I see things about 3.5 grand prix would that work if I had my tranny worked on to handle the hp and torque? Or is it just camaros that dont really have interchangeable parts with with other chevy cars cause I know there are some chevy 3.4 that would blow me out of the water.
I mean I have a camaro I want it to blow cars away especially damn mustangs out the water cause every time I turn around I got a damn 5.0 or a gt that wants to race and I just bow my head in shame

Old 10-06-2013, 05:01 PM
4th Gear Member

Your 3.4 and the other 3.4L in the GM line up are pretty close in HP and TQ ratings and are FWD...how any of them would "blow you out of the water" isn't conceivable.

Your question has been asked time and time and time and time and time again and is where 69s joke makes sense because it's the real answer.....the quickest way you're going to see any power gain is to sell the 3.4 for a Z28.

To answer your other questions, there is no direct replacement engine for your car that'll make more power AND bolt up to your trans. There is also no cheap mod to make it fast either. Actually the cheapest mod goes back to 69s joke...buy the V8. The fuel mileage is not as bad as every one makes it out to be.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:50 AM
1st Gear Member

ok let me put this in lamens terms

im looking for an engine that bolt down with little to no mod so i can mod it with after market part without pulling my whole motor out and and do a bore and larger fuel rails and do a who top half engine swap.

MKCoconuts im not looking for 300 more hp im looking for if i go up against and 2.0l nissan i wanna kick its ***. I want a z28 but i cant afford one at the the moment and doing a whole swap like soco did. I dont have a garage nor do i have half the tools or the time do to do it

my money is tight and soon it will be a project car but right now i want something with a little more ummph.

if i want to spend thousands of dollars i would go get a 370z and smoke every damn z28 i saw

Old 10-07-2013, 11:32 AM
4th Gear Member

That's the thing, there isn't an engine that'll just bolt in and go. These cars were built to fit only the four engines they came with (the 3.4, 3.8, LT1/LT4 and the LS1). Trying to swap any thing else requires a lot of time and money. Even swapping between one of those engines costs a lot of time and money.

The 3.4 Camaros are in stock form whimps and unless the vehicle has sentimental value, isn't worth putting money into. You can't really compare a 15 year old engine design to a newer import design either.

Your best bet since you can't afford a Z28 is to find a '97-02 car with the 3.8 sixxer in it. They are a worlds upgrade over the 3.4 and are a much better starting platform than the 3.4.

Also, the 370z is fast but it's not that fast. We have one in town, it's an '09 or '10 and it barely beat a stock '02 SS Camaro. For the price of a 370z, I could buy a LS1 Camaro that already has bolt ons, that'd be faster, with money left over to mod even further..

Old 10-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Just be realistic about your goals and stick to it. It happens all too often where someone with a 3.4 (or 3.8 for that matter) take their performance enhancements a step at a time...headers-exhaust-CAI-cam-what have you. And once they're done their total investment, with performance still falling short of a Z28, could have bought them one. I had a 3.4 Camaro before, I know where you're at, but I didn't bother to try and make the 3.4 something it's not.
MK, I'm glad at least somebody appreciated (or should I say "got") my earlier comment.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Just to add even the older FWD motors will not fit. They are missing the required motor mounts. You only option is a 3.4 from a camaro. Everything else will be a massive project. With running, driving 300 HP z28 selling for $1500 that just need a little work its not worth messing with a V6.

Quick Reply: engin swap wanted