Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 V6 Tech (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-v6-tech-14/)
-   -   coolant problem (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-v6-tech-14/coolant-problem-49550/)

osduck5 03-08-2010 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by gville4life (Post 407520)
but will a flush work if the coolant isant getting into the block

Sounds like your radiator is stopped up if there is no coolant getting to the water pump or some water is circulating through the engine but not getting cooled down because it can't stay in the radiator long enough to cool. If that is the case, you might have to take the upper and lower hoses off and use a water hose to flush it out from the top and then from the bottom. Also, take off the heater core hoses where they attach to the motor and back flush them as well. If the radiator is that stopped up, you may be looking at replacing it.

gville4life 03-08-2010 03:48 PM

okay but it seems that its just that the coolant isnt getting from the top raditor hose through the inlet and thermostat and into the block

jag327 03-08-2010 04:38 PM

Like what osduck5 said flush the radiator, remove both hoses block off the lower in let, and stick the hose in the top where the radiator caps is and flush it through.

It could be few things for over heating, timing off, wrong sparks plugs, water passage clog, wrong stat or not work, water pump not pushing water through,

Is there a shroud on the the car.

osduck5 03-08-2010 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by gville4life (Post 407622)
okay but it seems that its just that the coolant isnt getting from the top raditor hose through the inlet and thermostat and into the block

Just as a test, you can remove the thermostat completely to see if water will flow into the engine. If that is the case, you have a bad thermo. I hate to even ask but is there any way that you could have installed it upside down? I don't think they will physically fit in the wong way but I could be wrong.

gville4life 03-08-2010 05:11 PM

hell no i know better than that but what if the coolant dosent flow into the block with the termo off

raysean22589 03-08-2010 07:36 PM

try to run the car with no thermostat and see if you get coolant into the block .

gville4life 03-16-2010 09:27 AM

update i got it home and back flushed it then i took of the heater hoses and found out the heater core was clogged so i took a hose and blew it clean now im replacing the water pump i was wandering if you have to take out that center allan bolt and if so how did you keep the pulley still

raysean22589 03-18-2010 12:24 PM

just had the same problem went threw 2 thermostats heres what i did and it worked run the car with no thermo for a while 20 min if it over heats 1 your ****ed or the fan isnt kicking on any way top off the coolant with no thermo while its running then let it cool and put your thermo back in dont drain the coolant or anything let it run again and if should be fine the problem for me theres was coolant in the radiator and plenty of it but the thermo wasnt opening because there was no coolant in the block theres need to be coolant in there to heat u[p the thermo try that and let me know how it goes