93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

car stopped, does not start.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Unhappy car stopped, does not start.

Hi, need help
it sometimes dis not start, i mess with power window controls, and then it started, i thought its a shortage somewhere, but unplugged everything, still the same. Then it stopped in the middle of the street, wouldnt start immediately, but after trying like 10 times, it started. today i stopped, went to subway, had it on ON for like 4 mins, and it wouldnt start again. Badly need help.

The alternator and the battery are new. I checked the voltage unplugging fuses one by one to see if that changes, but didnt (i was thinking that would give me a result if there's any shortages.

please help me, it tries to start, but doesnt, sounds like a half dead battery...! but its new...! where should I start looking..?

Old 09-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

What voltage do you have at the battery with the car off? What voltage do you have the everything off and the car running? What voltage do you have with the car running and everyting turned on?

This is just the first check to test your charging system.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:06 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default can that be the distributor?

can that be the distributor do these hav distribs? i got 12.1-12.4V when in ON pos. and 12.2V when started, when there was no problem, but didnt have the chance to check when it stopped, ill check it out now..!

Old 09-05-2009, 01:14 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default it started..!!

well, it stopped like 4hrs ago, and i left it there and walk to my work, then comeback after work, just turn the key and it started..!!! i dont kno what to say..! where should i start checking?

plz help. also, its giving me p0336, that comes only when I take sharp turns..!

Old 09-05-2009, 01:15 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default oh, ill test the valtages ion the morning..!

oh, ill test the valtages ion the morning..!

Old 09-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Overdrive Member

to answer your question, these have distributorless ignitions. after checking google, it looks like that code is for the crankshaft position sensor.

Last edited by 02StanGT; 09-05-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Crankshaft position sensor would cause all the symptoms you described try changing it and see if that fixes problem

Old 09-08-2009, 11:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default it happened again..!

ok guyz, thanx a lot for the answers..!

It happened again, and i think i can rule-out any battery related problems. I got some readings,
Car idling - ~13.3V
Car off, key out - ~12.7V
Key ON - ~11.7V

Car off key out, when it does not start, -~12.5V. I also tried plugging in a car battery charger (half charged) that didnt work either. I kept my gas paddle pressed for abt 5mins, and then pressed breaks fully and tried and it worked (it might be totally random though)

Can transmission cause something like that? may be too much ATF? or the crankshaft position sensor? coz that doesnt usually come up unless I take a hard turn..!???

thanx guys..!

Old 09-09-2009, 03:53 PM

You've got the code for the Crank position sensor, and all the symptoms. Replace the crank postion sensor. No, too much ATF would not cause your starting problem.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default dang/..!

thanx..!
damn, isnt that really hard??? the mil is not on now though, and wasnt, when it was stopped....!!!! anyways, im new to these, think i cud do it myself???

is the sensor for sure or cud it be something related??? plz help thx a lot.

Quick Reply: car stopped, does not start.