Old 01-17-2010, 12:58 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by adam86107
Yup, I guess that's evolution for ya.
ur telling me! my 78 doesnt have ANY cup holders! fml

Old 01-17-2010, 01:02 AM
2nd Gear member

This past August I decided i wanted a 3rd gen. an IROC to be more specific, so I went out on Sunday (that way I was hounded by salesmen) looking at the dealers inventories for my IROC. I never found it, what I did come across was a 2001 SS, so I decided to take a look at it. First thing I looked at was the shifter, it was a 6-speed. Went back on Monday to test drive it, right now its in my driveway. If that car was an auto I would have gotten back in the truck and never thought about it again. A manual car is just so much funner to drive then an auto, and when you're looking to buy a Camaro its all about fun. Not to menchin having a manual gives you that feeling of having total control.
i hear u, when i was looking for my camaro, i saw a black Iroc with sunroof, and a tuned 350 and a very nice sound system according to my mom, i go to see it in person (right down the road) look in the window, see an auto shifter, and walked away lol, i have nothing against auto, but manual is where its at when you have a car u are getting for fun, yeah its my daily driver, but if i wanted a practical car i would get a corolla or something boring, im 19 and want to have fun! lol i saw my 78 4spd for sale, took it for a test drive, took it home that day lol

Old 01-17-2010, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Adam78
i hear u, when i was looking for my camaro, i saw a black Iroc with sunroof, and a tuned 350 and a very nice sound system according to my mom, i go to see it in person (right down the road) look in the window, see an auto shifter, and walked away lol, i have nothing against auto, but manual is where its at when you have a car u are getting for fun, yeah its my daily driver, but if i wanted a practical car i would get a corolla or something boring, im 19 and want to have fun! lol i saw my 78 4spd for sale, took it for a test drive, took it home that day lol
Its funny how a tranny can do that to you. You think you see your dream car then you walk up to it and see the wrong tranny and it makes you want to vomit.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:45 AM
2nd Gear member
Cool

Its funny how a tranny can do that to you. You think you see your dream car then you walk up to it and see the wrong tranny and it makes you want to vomit.
its so true! i didnt mind my Suburban being auto, but this is a muscle car! lol if your looking for a manual, i think the best way would be eBay, they have a filter for it, thats how i found my black beauty. but you dont realize how much the transmission can make a difference, i was always a V8 guy, but i was considering getting a V6 firebird bc that was the only stick i could find! thank god for the inter-web =]

Old 01-17-2010, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

its so true! i didnt mind my Suburban being auto, but this is a muscle car! lol if your looking for a manual, i think the best way would be eBay, they have a filter for it, thats how i found my black beauty. but you dont realize how much the transmission can make a difference, i was always a V8 guy, but i was considering getting a V6 firebird bc that was the only stick i could find! thank god for the inter-web =]
My pickup is an auto too, I don't mind it so much, but the main reason is because you can't find an ext. cab Silverado that isn't an auto. Its my daily driver, very reliable and handy to have. The car is a birthday present I bought myself I've always wanted an IROC, but found happiness in my SS, and isn't being happy what its all about.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:01 AM
2nd Gear member

My pickup is an auto too, I don't mind it so much, but the main reason is because you can't find an ext. cab Silverado that isn't an auto. Its my daily driver, very reliable and handy to have. The car is a birthday present I bought myself I've always wanted an IROC, but found happiness in my SS, and isn't being happy what its all about.
happiness is what is all about! and i know what your talking about, my dad needed a new truck after some lady ran a stop sign into his old one, he wanted a smaller one better on gas (old one was a Dakota V8) he wanted an ext cab 5spd, but after 3 days of searching, we couldnt find a SINGLE one that wasnt rusted to hell, so we went with the auto ford ranger lol

Old 01-17-2010, 02:13 AM
1st Gear Member

happiness is what is all about! and i know what your talking about, my dad needed a new truck after some lady ran a stop sign into his old one, he wanted a smaller one better on gas (old one was a Dakota V8) he wanted an ext cab 5spd, but after 3 days of searching, we couldnt find a SINGLE one that wasnt rusted to hell, so we went with the auto ford ranger lol
You don't have a album of your 78?

Old 01-17-2010, 02:18 AM
2nd Gear member

You don't have a album of your 78?
no, im going to put the stuff that i had when i got the car back on and take some "before" pictures when i remember to, i should have them soon, alot of people are asking for them, although not gunna lie, she isnt pretty =P

Old 01-17-2010, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member

no, im going to put the stuff that i had when i got the car back on and take some "before" pictures when i remember to, i should have them soon, alot of people are asking for them, although not gunna lie, she isnt pretty =P
Shes a camaro man, of course she's pretty. We don't see what is, we see what can be.