93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Auto SUCKSSS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:59 AM
2nd Gear member

yeah, my 1st 2 cars were auto, this 'maro is a 4spd and god its so much fun lol, it does have its trouble moments, such as you cant drink, eat, or talk on the phone, at least not well, since this is my 1st stick car i am only now getting the hang of it (drinking is VERY hard since this has 0 cup holders lol) but i make do, that and hill starts and turning the high beams on are the only thing that a stick hinders, although it is a very small hindrance when compared the the tire roasting take off you can do and just the fun of flying through gears, i love manuals lol

Old 01-15-2010, 10:26 AM

Most people seem to think manual is the way to go. Either manual 4th gens are rare or people who have them just arent getting rid of them cuz i searched for months to find a manual that met my standards and was in my price range and when i found one, i had to drive 2 hrs to get to it. I do like my manual, even though its hard as hell to eat, shift, and steer at the same time haha

Old 01-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You know what they say. Good drivers just drive.

All of my cars are automatic, although that's more 'cause of circumstance than anything. I don't care one way or the other, and I'll buy a car based on how good of a car it is rather than what transmission it has in it.

Eagle Talon notwithstanding, that is.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:33 AM
1st Gear Member

This past August I decided i wanted a 3rd gen. an IROC to be more specific, so I went out on Sunday (that way I was hounded by salesmen) looking at the dealers inventories for my IROC. I never found it, what I did come across was a 2001 SS, so I decided to take a look at it. First thing I looked at was the shifter, it was a 6-speed. Went back on Monday to test drive it, right now its in my driveway. If that car was an auto I would have gotten back in the truck and never thought about it again. A manual car is just so much funner to drive then an auto, and when you're looking to buy a Camaro its all about fun. Not to menchin having a manual gives you that feeling of having total control.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:43 AM
2nd Gear member

that total controlness is awesome lol
ive never sat in an auto 3.4 but i guess im not missing out
also the whole drinking eating think is a pain in the butt.
plus the cup holder is right behind the shifter . . . DUMB

Old 01-16-2010, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by thetal1
that total controlness is awesome lol
ive never sat in an auto 3.4 but i guess im not missing out
also the whole drinking eating think is a pain in the butt.
plus the cup holder is right behind the shifter . . . DUMB
I agree about the cup holder. I don't even use the one behind the shifter, I use the swing out one on the passenger side.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:16 AM
2nd Gear member

lucky you. i only have one. i guess chevy was smarter in 01

Old 01-16-2010, 01:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Yup, I guess that's evolution for ya.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by adam86107
I agree about the cup holder. I don't even use the one behind the shifter, I use the swing out one on the passenger side.
yea same here, unless its a regular soda can i never use the shifter one, even then its a bit of a stretch to use it

Old 01-16-2010, 08:14 PM

Im glad to hear i wasnt the only one having trouble with the cup holder thing. I had to use the back seat cupholders because i didnt discover the flip out one on the passenger side til about a month after i got my car lol

Quick Reply: Auto SUCKSSS!!