93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

all went wrong...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Unhappy all went wrong...

So I own a 94 3.4 camaro and all of a sudden every thing started going wrong. I was driving it one day to work and about after 4 min of driving I felt a great loss of power. I would give it gas and it would not respond. Then it began to heat up and smoke, and it was making an ugly rattling noise, almost sounded like if it was dragging something. Then the car began to turn off on me and I could not get it to start.I had to get it towed home. I took it to a local shop aamco transmissions and general car . They checked out the car and replaced the egr valve pipe and the cam sensor. They charged me 400 dollars. When I picked up the car it was still running the same so I took it back to them. When I took it back they said there was a mis-fire in cylinder 6. So they were going to fix that. Later that week I called for a up date and they said they found the car low on water so when they put more water in it, it al leaked out through the water pump so they replaced that. When I went to pick it up they were running some last test and they found out that the temp sensor was broken and had to replace it. Also they put this cylinder were the water goes into the radiator with blue fluid and turn the car on and the water turned Green. He said he was testing for something but I don’t remember exactly. With the test he was able to determine that oxygen was getting into the water meaning head gaskets broken. They never fixed the miss fire. I’m picking up the car today as soon as they finish putting in the sensor. Don’t know what to do know with the hole misfire and head gasket leak problem I need help…. Any suggestions

Old 09-14-2009, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member

While reading I was thinking head gasket from beginning you need two new head gaskets before you do anything else

Old 09-14-2009, 04:40 PM

what do you think about that blue devil stuff

Old 09-14-2009, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Never seen it before or heard about it to be honest

Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Overdrive Member

i'd suggest a better shop

Old 09-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I have not seen the Blue stuff before but we used to use our emision test to look for hydrocarbons in the coolant. You could test for any gas that should only be in the combustion chamber. I can not see how detecting O2 in something that is mostly H2O would do anything. I have never been a fan of any stop leak. They can cause you more work.

Don't ever go back to that shop, All the things they fixed may have needed done but the fact they told you your car was done and it would not hold coolant and had a miss fire is BS. They take no pride in their work.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:15 AM

yeah i know but you know its all Good they will get thiers in one way or another... it looks like im going to just do a gasket change. i have a real good friend who would do it on his spare time for 500 plus parts. and he called napa auto parts and with his discount he gets them for only 55$. yeah i know we were both surprise. i really love my car even thought its a v6 so i guess its just going to be a roject for know...