93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

97 camaro shuting off

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Default 97 camaro shuting off

hey i have a 97 camaro that shuts off on me when im driving or trying to start it. It only seems to do it when there is a lare drain on the cars electrical system. When im trying to start it, when i turn on the air, when the fan kicks on. When is shuts down i expirence a complete loss of all power and when i messure the voltage on my battery it says that it is at like 6.5-7 volts. I disconect a battery lead and reconect it and powere is back up to 12.5+. Also when it shuts down and im driving the tack goes crazy and pins itself as high as it will go without the engin changeing. Anyone have any idea how i can start to go after this problem. Thank you

Old 06-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Default RE: 97 camaro shuting off

Tom, Please check Mom's Camaro and Car shuts off for no apparent reason for some things to check on your car, This condition seems to be contagious. There are about four of us on here now that have caught this. Only Vicki has been cured. Good luck to you and your 97. I still haven't found out what is wrong with my 94.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:29 AM
Default RE: 97 camaro shuting off

Tom, When you say complete loss of power, do you mean no lights,radio etc. If so then you have a different problem than I have. I have lights etc,even after I break down.