93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

96 Polo Green Heads Blown

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Default 96 Polo Green Heads Blown

Thanks to all you guys for being so helpful and informative. I have only been a member here in this forum for a few months and have acquired enough info to tackle a pretty good job. Monday two weeks ago I had to tow my camaro home due to what appeared to be a blown head gasket. It happened that am and I only drove it two blocks, parked it and then towed it in.
As of this am thanks to a lot of you guys I have completed my largest mechanical task thus far. Second only to a transmission and air conditioner compressor in my Cadillac, this was the biggest feat ever fo rme to go alone.
I have always been crazy enough to say if I have no idea how to do something I will find someone who does and learn from them. You all were the them.
I have officially removed all the top parts of the engine, heads, intake, exhaust, all from the top alone in my spare time. Needless to say I have added a new phrase to my vocabulary. I look like I have been run over by a Camaro! LOL!
The heads will be in the machine shop Tuesday while I work on other issues in the rest of my spare time. Let me just say this, you guys KNOW your camaro! Thanks so much for sharing and letting me in your circle of information. Other than buying a Haynes Manual I have used this site as my sole use of information. For all the times "Know it all's" questioned your knowledge I just wanted to shout out a big thank you. And to one of my new mentors, I didn't blow my beer budget cause I quit drinking, But I did go through 2 large cans of coffee! No kidding. And, I look like I have been run over by a camaro. Next time, she is coming out the bottom!
City

Old 11-06-2010, 09:42 PM
4th Gear Member

I added several new phrases to my vocabulary when I started working on camaros! LOL.

Congrats on the progress.

This is the place I learned. Two years ago, I was scratching my head wondering how to get the 3.8 out from under the dash, oops, I mean hood. Since then, we have swapped an engine, dropped another for a rebuid, replaced head gaskets on a 3.8 and a 5.7 and the majority of my info came from this site.