93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

1994 3.4L Camaro No power issues under Load

Old 11-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

My old Vette had a cat break apart inside, and some of the chunks blew into the muffler. Does yours look like all the chunks stayed inside the cat, or is there a big vacancy?

Old 11-05-2016, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
My old Vette had a cat break apart inside, and some of the chunks blew into the muffler. Does yours look like all the chunks stayed inside the cat, or is there a big vacancy?

I'm pretty sure a ton of it wound up in my muffler because when I let the cat back portion dangle a bunch of pieces came out in it. I'm currently running open exhaust till I figure out what's still up. I'm going to the store to rent a o2 sensor wrench and I'll probably just go ahead and change em both out. Cross some fingers lol

Bret

Old 11-06-2016, 06:24 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, gut that cat

Old 11-06-2016, 04:57 PM

One of the O2 sensors porcelain bits was cracked and now I get less gaseous fumes from the tailpipe, but the acceleration still sucks. None of the plugs were fouled and they look more or less fine. I'm not getting a cutout above a certain rpm anymore, it just is really slow still. I still have to takeoff in first gear. Also I did gut the cat since we dont have emissions around here and my money is better spent on other things for now. Vacuum will be my next test. Starting to get frustrated with this pile

Bret

Old 11-10-2016, 03:43 PM

I got around to testing vacuum and everything checks out so now I'm back to scratching my head. Part of me still thinks its an intermittent issue with one of the coil packs even though I get no codes for misfire. I found a similar thread on here after some digging through and found a similar problem that was resolved with the coils being changed out. I'd hate to just throw parts at it but all of the other diagnostics thus far have yet to bring any decisive help. ANy one else with a suggestion?

Oh the other link

https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02...em-help-57526/

Bret

Old 11-12-2016, 06:51 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

how long has it been setting? wondering if one or all of the injectors are plugged or in need of cleaning. recheck your plug wires and make double tripple sure they are in the right order. easy to one off and can be tough to tell with certain ones.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by craby
how long has it been setting? wondering if one or all of the injectors are plugged or in need of cleaning. recheck your plug wires and make double tripple sure they are in the right order. easy to one off and can be tough to tell with certain ones.
It sat from may to october. I've double triple checked the plug wires. Yesterday I said to hell with it and drove it to Class at the University and when the car was first on the road it would run fine with acceleration and all but once it warmed up it started to backfire and I lost the bulk of my power. Still no light on the dash but I thought it odd. I drive it to a friends house and spent the night and it would repeat the same thing so we thought maybe the coils were breaking down when they get hot so we replaced them but it made no change. Tested the fuel again and it's got the right pressures again.

Maybe the icm is breaking down due to heat soak? I had it tested 3 times but the module itself was cold each time it was tested. Injectors could be gummed. I guess that's something to clean and try out lol

Bret

Old 11-12-2016, 09:59 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i am going to say its a sensor. it sound like its doing it when it goes to closed loop and operates useing the sensor readouts. if you have access to a scanner you should be able to find the problem.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by craby
i am going to say its a sensor. it sound like its doing it when it goes to closed loop and operates useing the sensor readouts. if you have access to a scanner you should be able to find the problem.
I've tried to read it with a scanner and nothing shows up

Old 11-13-2016, 10:35 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

you will need to look at the outputs of your sensors to find the one thats failing. code reader will not do it you need a good scanner. dang 94 is obd1 so scanner may be tough to find. im not sure garydougs setup will work. brb

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 3.4L Camaro No power issues under Load