Baumann Optishift to run GM 4L60E, 4L65E, and 4L70E, 4L80E, and 4L85E

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Default Baumann Optishift to run GM 4L60E, 4L65E, and 4L70E, 4L80E, and 4L85E

Hello Gentleman,

I started a group buy for the new Baumann Optishift on various forums. I talked Karl Baumann into basically giving us cost on the new controller.

http://www.optishift.com/

We have far exceeded his requirement of 12 buyers but a recent sign on suggested that more chevrolet owners may wish to partake in order to be able to install modern od transmissions into classic chevs and take advantage of a rare opportunity to purchase this controller at cost.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:45 AM

We are now at $445 for the controller and a custom transmission wiring harness for your application. The controller's will feature the new tuning interface as mentioned on the Optishift website.

If anyone is interested in getting on board, pm me your contact information or email me at bkolic@aim.com. Thank you gentleman (and ladies?)

Old 10-01-2010, 01:46 AM

If anyone does wish to purchase one, I will let everyone know once I have sent the list to Karl and you will then need to contact him and provide the specific info he has requested.

Remember that as long as your name is on the list, you will be included in the buy for those of us that may not yet have the transmission.

Directly from Karl.

"Hello Branko,

That sounds great. Thank you for your work in coordinating all of this!

At $150 off, our margins are beginning to get thin, but if you can get at least 12 buyers together, we can drop the price by another $15, which will cover UPS Ground shipping within the continental US. Since most of you are connected with the forums, we are more than willing to offer this group buy pricing for OptiShift as an introductory promotion. We will continue to offer group buy pricing in the future, but please note that out of fairness to our resellers, we cannot offer the same level of discounts on future group buys.

The only caveat is that we require all of the order details with address and billing info to be together and ready by October 5th, at the latest. We will be able to ship everything out shortly thereafter. Also, if you can get together a list of the transmission applications as soon as possible, then we can have everything ready for quick shipment. If you can have everyone email the order information listed below to me, then that would be great. Since email is not secure, it would be best to have everyone call or fax in their credit card info (card number, name, billing address, expiration date, and CVV code), instead of emailing it. Please have everyone provide the following information to get things started.

Order Information:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Name
Address
Phone Number
email
Desired shipping method
Transmission type
Transmission year
Transmission connector details:
For 4R70W, we need to know if the solenoid connector on the transmission itself is white or black, and if the 2-pin connector on the output shaft speed sensor is square or oval shaped.
For E4OD/4R100, we need to know if it has the early (2-latch) solenoid body connector, or the late, single-latch connector.
For all Fords, we need to know if it has an analog range sensor (aka. PRNDL switch), with 8 pins on the sensor, and 6 or 8 harness wires, or a digital range sensor, with 11 sensor pins and at least 9 harness wires.

Vehicle application and year
Engine type: EFI, carbureted, mechanical diesel, or electronic diesel.

Thanks again and have a great afternoon!

Best Regards,

Karl Baumann
Baumann Electronic Controls, LLC."

Old 10-01-2010, 01:48 AM

As it has been asked on other forums, I am posting a response from Baumann for those that have not yet purchased the transmission for their project.

I asked Karl if you can sign up and complete the transaction once you have purchased the transmission. His response.

Hey Branko,

Sure, that is fine. I totally understand this situation. With so many variations, it is hard to guess at which one you'll end up with.

My only requirement is that they provide all of the known info up front, including billing (credit card) info. We won't bill them until we have all of the information needed to ship the order, but due to past experiences, we do require billing info as a confirmation of intent. You can email all of the contact info to me, but if you already have it hand-written, then faxing it would be just fine, too. The customers can contact us directly with their billing info.

If they want to get started with the wiring early, we can also send the vehicle harness (where all of the connections to the vehicle and engine ECU are made) ahead of time, and send the transmission harnesses later, once they have the trans in hand. That's the nice thing about our new wiring scheme. It decouples the transmission wiring from the vehicle, so that things are a lot more flexible.

Our standard transmission harness length is 8-9 feet, but we can also build our harnesses shorter for no extra cost, if anyone is interested. We decided to start offering this after we discovered that many folks were cutting our harnesses and shortening them on their own. That results in a lot of tedious splicing, so it makes much more sense for us to just cut them shorter during the build.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks again for all of your efforts with this group buy!

Best Regards,

Karl Baumann
Baumann Electronic Controls, LLC.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:27 PM

This forum does not allow new members to post group buys in the vendors classifieds. If anyone is interested and wants to do so, feel free to post there.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:42 PM

No one? This is as bad as the Mustang forums.