Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 01:57 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

its all in how you tune it. can run mulitple programs that can be swtiched or made to kick in at a certain throttle position so fuel and power are held back untill its needed. btw your starting to sound/look like a trolls.

Originally Posted by DarkKnight
youre not gunna pull 30 mpg jus because its a sixer, its going to be built, and turboed, you will be closer to 20 mpg

Last edited by craby; 03-04-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:00 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

thats fine, im a troll and darling hates me w.e i was asking her questions first off, but to say youre going to pull 30 mpg after a build of a car that doesnt even make that now is insane, im done being interested in this thread, congrats

Old 03-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I never said I hated YOU specifically.

I get fantastic gas mileage now only on the highway. I don't know what it equates to because I don't keep track of how many mpgs I get, I keep track of how many miles per full tank I get. Math hurts my head. My gas mileage driving around normally sucks now, but it's still much better than the Bomber. My tune is still just sitting in my room. So I have no idea what the real mpgs are with it properly being tuned. And who cares what mpgs I get? I consider anything over 15 mpg to be fuel efficient. The only way of knowing what I'll get after she's built is to actually build her, get her properly tuned, and test it out. So let's all stop acting like we can predict the future. K?

Old 03-04-2011, 10:42 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ok, im sorry dk. just tryin to get you to lighten up a little. dr im getting about 20mpg, lost a few when i switched to 373's. tune should help you on both ends. power and mpg.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:19 PM

Great to see detailed pics of the engine pull. Have tons of daydreams/nightmares about it all the time. I have 176,000 and never want to let this car go over a blown engine.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Overdrive Member

^^ Then dont! I did an engine swap about the same time as DR was doing hers. I didnt post anything about it at the time since I didnt want to take anything away from her build. Click the linky in my sig to see what I did to Sarah.

Massey

Old 04-25-2011, 05:03 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

so dr whats goin on with the turbo?

Old 04-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Me and Case were actually just discussing the turbo build the other day. I was considering the turbo kit from ZZP, but I'm not liking the fact the AC needs to be removed and it's 3K for not-so great quality parts. So we're probably going to end up piecing it together and bending the parts ourselves. We need to buy a house first with a big enough garage to work in. The house comes first before the turbo build. Plus I'll need a new DD.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:25 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

wait,,, house,,,, wow you guys getting a house together, thats kool. well i guess its ok to put sofie on the back burner for a time.

Last edited by craby; 04-27-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yeah, we're probably getting married before the house though, just going to the courthouse. We can't afford a wedding and my parents have a negative bank account and I just really don't feel like spending a lot on a ceremony and having relatives I don't really like eat all my expensive food...but we're gonna start the house hunt soon. I'm in the process of getting a better job (transferring to a different part of the company that pays a lot more), but it's a really slow process. Sof's actual build probably won't start til next winter (2012), but the planning process and parts buying will start next year. The exhaust is getting redone soon though (adding a cutout and a straighter set up and replacing the header gaskets AGAIN because I keep blowing them out). Also hopefully getting a new hood. So there's plenty of other things I'm doing before the build happens.

Quick Reply: Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!