Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
Craby, honestly, I hate this forum now. It's nothing but little girls with too big of egos on a stupid online forum trying to prove themselves...online. They've absolutely ruined it with their pathetic stupidity. I don't think anyone DESERVES to know about my turbo build. That's just how I feel right now. Whether I even bother posting anything new about Sofie, I don't know at this point. That's why I don't bother coming on here hardly at all anymore. I can't tolerate the little girls.
Dear DarlingReject,
If you dissapear from the forums and don't finish this I will be devastated. YOU and your build have given me the ability to get my wife into building our cars. You are also the reason she does not want another VW, for her next car, she wants a Camaro, like yours... If you decide that your out, I'll probably cry...

I think your car is a badass... and I want to see your turbo build

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

BB

Old 08-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Finally installed my new PCM from PCMforless. Case swapped it out in the Sonic parking lot. Ha. Vids soon.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:30 PM

How do you keep track of the details?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:14 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yah it only takes a few minutes. cool, so you like?

Old 09-16-2011, 05:32 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Uh, wtf?

Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Well Im only coming here to keep up with projects and update mine when I can. I would love to see you keep updating this thread. I know how you feel though.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:35 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

Uh, wtf?
? what is this referencing.

Originally Posted by orocker
Well Im only coming here to keep up with projects and update mine when I can. I would love to see you keep updating this thread. I know how you feel though.
This saddens me...

Old 09-16-2011, 12:21 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

only takes a few minutes to change the computer, and how is it running for you, are you happy with it?

Uh, wtf?

Old 07-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Haven't updated this thread in almost a year. A lot has happened with Sof, mainly because she's a jealous teenager right now. The past few months have been a blur. She got jealous of my parents' Suburban receiving a new fuel pump, so she wanted one too. Actually, she got two. The first one was suppose to work, but unfortunately being an aftermarket pump, it did not. If it was over 75 degrees outside, it would cause her to shut off while driving. Had to be towed home a total of 3 times because of the fuel pump issue. I finally bought an entire new assembly from Napa and haven't had any problems since. She also decided to conspire with a group of deer and have them run out in front of her not even 5 minutes after leaving work in the morning. The hood, headlight, bumper, and fender were smashed. Nothing major was damaged, but it was enough to have to report to insurance. I was lucky enough to have that work for me, not against me. I was just going to order a new hood from VFN that week, but I was able to get my hood through the insurance company instead. For my Sonoco, repaired bumper, new fender, and hew headlights (with all new paint as well) I didn't even have to pay my full deductible. Only cost me $394. I managed to have Sof fixed and running long enough to enter her in the Carlisle GM Nationals along with my husband and his Camaro. We didn't place or anything, but it was still fun. I managed to get massive sunburn, even with using sunscreen and reapplying all day long (ouch!). I also snagged a good deal on a '96-'97 SS spoiler already painted black for $280. Only a week after the Nationals I heard a new weird noise Sof was making. Turns out the rear decided to go. My husband had entered the burnout contest at Carlisle and I was talking about entering next year when I get my new gears. Sof had her own plans and wanted the new gears NOW. So I bought a parts Trans Am, took the limited slip out, and purchased a set of Richmond 4:10s. The rear was completely resealed and new bearings installed along with the new gears. The tune was sent back, but they reset my shift points and now it needs sent back AGAIN to have them reset them to where they were. So that's where we're at right now. A lot of work done. A lot more to go.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Our car projects seem to be never-ending, especially when they take on a mind of their own. Good to see you back D.R.

Quick Reply: Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!