Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Two Cylinders Short of Win

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
Haha, I considered that since she was super smoothed out by the tune. And I don't like her smooth. I've gotten used to being kinda jumbled around, I just don't care for a smooth feeling car anymore.
*Points to my quote in Darling's Signature*

Old 11-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Lol ^

Old 11-15-2010, 09:03 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

I killed the spam. stupid spammer.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Thank you.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Overdrive Member

Darling I hope you are not pointing to me being the spammer LOL. There must have been some one between us.

As for your car being smoothed out I would guess that the proper cam profile would do that to the engine since you are going to get the proper timing and fuel mapping. The shifting section of the order form had a shift point firmness and if your tranny has a kit or not. As for the EGR, yes it gives you a little better mileage havingit hooked up but is the extra noise worth the .5 to 1mpg it gives you?

Hope Case gets it all settled for you

Massey

Old 11-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Haha no Mass, it was not you who was spamming!

Well Case called PCMforLess. Apparently not having the correct gears in yet causes more issues than I thought it would. He said the idle rpms could be from a vacuum leak or the IAC (which I think it's the IAC judging by the goofy things it's been doing lately). Also the WOT shifts are off because of the gears as well. He said too that the shifts were put 13% over stock, which mine was done much higher by the trans shop. They're also sending me my sticker too so if it's still not right after the gears and testing it, it'll get fixed for free.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Overdrive Member

Your new PCM is for a TBC engine and not a TBW engine right? The TB on the TBW engines handle IAC and cruise functions, those are not seperate units like in your car. If your PCM is trying to correct idle issues by moving the throttle valve it is not going to find anything there and it will not know how to handle the IAC valve. Your IAC is digital the TBW is analog. Some 1998 cars came with TBW so I am asking to make sure that you got the right PCM. Does your cruise control work with the new computer?

Massey

Old 11-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Hm yeah. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if they would have known it's TBC...they did need my vin #, could they have looked it up with that? I dunno if Case might have mentioned it today when he called them. I have no idea if my cruise works at all. I've never used it in that car. I don't get a chance to really 'cruise' much in her. We took the new PCM out until we could figure out what exactly was going on with it. Luckily, it's not difficult or time consuming to remove.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

So I haven't updated for a little while. Not much has been going on really. I started driving the Bomber more, but still drive Sof on occasions (I can't just not drive her, even being the winter time). I ordered new weather stripping for the t-tops and doors. It was suppose to be here today, but now it's saying tomorrow. There's a bunch of work coming up for Sof. My parents are leaving for Florida the 17th, so I get to have the garage all to myself for a few weeks. She'll finally be getting that lifter problem fixed, going to fix the intake (hole stripped and was seeping coolant, good thing I have extra gaskets), going to relocate my amp to the spare tire area (took that out, it was flat and bent up therefore being useless anyway), rewiring the amp, try and fix the squeak in the rear (I think the shock came loose again), get a new IAC because I think it's going bad, and install that weather stripping. I think there's a couple other things planned, but that's all I can think of right now. After xmas I plan on getting the gears and having them installed so I can finally run my tune as well (she NEEDS is badly). The Bomber is also getting its exhaust redone this weekend as well as fixing the other rocker panel.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:37 AM
4th Gear Member

I wish you lived closer lol. I'd love to come help you guys work on this. Hell I'd have put my ARH cam in it for ya Stick a stall in the baby and try to beat my 1/4 mile time DR

Quick Reply: Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!